Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funny CS

Highlighted
Community Guru
Cristian-Adrian F Member Since: May 6, 2015
1 of 12

Today I wanted to search myself just to get an idea of my listing place amongst the others, and saw that I didn't get listed anywhere. Freaked out, this is what happened (don't want to give spoilers yet).

**edited for Community Guidelines**

The real issue (I believe) is that my availability was set to UNAVAILABLE and setting it back got me listed. I don't know precisely if that's the resolution for my "blacklist" issue, but really seeing this and waiting so much for an agent to reply and even when he was replying that was just copy + paste information from help center.

Mainly waited 5 or 6 minutes between the replies, stated that there was an evil spirit or more precisely a "technical issue" that was disabling our chat, oh my God.

I was so frustrated that I barely managed my anger, tried to explain over and over again until I was informed that they're looking into my issue and that my ticket will be "escalated", because I'm top rated. I asked frankly why am I blacklisted and if there is any work around for my current situation and I was prompted to wait for Upwork's follow-up.

If top rated freelancers are treated like this, I don't want to see regular freelancers' conditions.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 12

lol I got to see it before it was removed!

I'm afraid of the day when I seriously need help and have to go through this.

Highlighted
Community Guru
3 of 12

Again, I don't know why my post got edited for no real reason again. I didn't provide any information or an offensive conversation whatsover. The support was so good that made me help myself lol.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
4 of 12

I was looking for me by all sorts of words and I didn't see me..mind you I got tired after hitting page 20. I did find me through my name which is awesome if a client only wants to hire mariska's..I'm number one in that class.

It boggles my mind that  csr would say there was an evil spirit..and I don't want to get banned for something I really want to say so I'll think it because it's not about the csr. Lol

Anyhoo. My availability is set to 30 or more hours so I have no idea why I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel but it is what it is I guess.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Michael Z Member Since: Jul 19, 2015
5 of 12

Mariska, 

Be happy you're "a" Mariska. Try searching for "Michael" - You'll be looking for days to find the right one. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
6 of 12

I will be thankful. Smiley Wink 

Still 2 pages of Mariska's though? pfft. Too bad when we moved to Canada there weren't more. Maybe then my name wouldn't have sounded so funny. 

On the upside though, at least you're on page 2 in the direct name search for freelancers! Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Community Guru
7 of 12

Michael Z., I noticed on your profile that you took the English to Dutch translation test. Had no idea there was one! Since I'm Dutch by birth (born in Gorinchem) and since I'm learning Dutch I thought I'd try the test. (When we left the Netherlands for Canada I was a toddler and my folks didn't want me to learn to speak more Dutch... boooo...

Unfortunately there's something wrong with the test and it keeps freezing. I'll try it later maybe. Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Community Leader
Michael Z Member Since: Jul 19, 2015
8 of 12

Honestly, I'm not even a translator. I only took that test because that was the only test I felt like taking at the time. I should really do some more. Since this one is not even related to what I do.

Highlighted
Community Guru
9 of 12

Lol... 

I take tests that I really don't need to take as well. 

Now, if they had a English to Mandarin test that would be a cool one to pass! 

Highlighted
Community Guru
10 of 12

The CS replied to me today with a message like: "Hey, I'm sorry I misled you with crappy information about your account, the listing issue is persistent (the one with filtering after experience level). So you're not blacklisted anymore, but not even our techs don't know what the **** is going on with this blessed platformed."

Still waiting for my ticket to be solved and to receive some explanation for why I HAVE BEEN TROLLED SO D**N GOOD. Why can't we live a normal freelancer life?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS