cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ghost writing - Asking a Freelance Professional to Allow Name on Article?

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
11 of 27

CS wouldn't be able to figure that connection out on their own, especially if they don't understand the guidelines for the particular profession. You might have better luck if you spelled it out for them but you have to weigh the cost of the effort against the likelihood of success.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Jan 22, 2016
12 of 27

Based upon prior experience, not worth the effort.

Joseph M. C. ,P.C., CPA/ABV
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
13 of 27

IMO Upwork should pull the job post. Since you began the thread, hopefully a Mod will come along to assist.  As you know, oftentimes the Mods are of FAR greater assistance than many; not all, of the Customer Service Reps.  

Community Guru
14 of 27

Pat,

That was my original intent in posting.

Particularly, now that I see most of your responses have been in line with my reaction to this Job Post.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
15 of 27

Hi Joseph,

Could you please send me a PM with the link to the job post, so that we can check it and share it with our team for further investigation.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
16 of 27

Done.  Thank you.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
17 of 27

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for providing additional information about this job post. I'll escalate your report to the correct team for further investigation and will take action as per our internal processes.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
18 of 27

Joseph, if it isn't too much of a hassle, let us know what the final determination is.  Whomever suggested getting a mod involved gets a TU from me.  This is far beyond the scope of CS expected knowledge.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
19 of 27

Joseph:

Did the job posting you say mention anything about creating false content?

There is a difference between ghost writing and false content.

Ron Goulart is the writer of the TekWar novels, published by Putnam. His name does not appear on these novels as the author. The "author" is William Shatner.

This is a common practice. The name sof well-known individuals are often used as authors of books and articles, even though they did not actually do the writing. This is NOT a violation of Upwork ToS.

Nor would it be a violation of Upwork ToS if we were talking about ghost-written news articles or informational articles.

Upwork's proscription against writing hoax news articles is not a prohibition of ghost-writing.

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
20 of 27

Preston, unless I'm mistaken what Joseph was asking was the legitimacy of allowing a writer's name to be attached to the articles.   Please see my comment on page 1 for what I believe are very legit concerns.   And why I'm not sure of the ToS status.  I am very convinced of the lack of professional ethics and standards however.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS