cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghostwriting

Community Guru
Jutta B Member Since: Jun 7, 2016
1 of 21

For some odd reason these jobs keep appearing in my newsfeed and I'm just stunned by the arrogance of those clients. 10$ for 1000 words? Own all the rights? grrrrrrrrrrr...it kind ' a makes me think mate look for another profession if ya can't write your own book!!! (No I don't ghostwrite)

" The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be "
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
2 of 21

I've considered hiring a ghostwriter for a bunch of scripts I have rolling around in my mind. I don't think there's anything wrong with hiring somebody to create something for you if you have a vision that you can't quite deliver on your own. But yeah, $10 for 1000 word is a bit cheap. I'd be looking to pay at least $11... maybe more. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 21

I had a recent one recommended to me that pays $0.008 per word.............

Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
4 of 21

@Irene B wrote:

I had a recent one recommended to me that pays $0.008 per word.............

Community Guru
Jutta B Member Since: Jun 7, 2016
5 of 21

Man Frustrated I'd considder that as lazyness....

" The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be "
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
6 of 21

I consider it laughable. Smiley Wink

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
7 of 21

@Scott E wrote:

I've considered hiring a ghostwriter for a bunch of scripts I have rolling around in my mind. I don't think there's anything wrong with hiring somebody to create something for you if you have a vision that you can't quite deliver on your own. But yeah, $10 for 1000 word is a bit cheap. I'd be looking to pay at least $11... maybe more. 

I've considered creating a job for writers and saying I'll pay $.066666666666 per word and see who bites. 

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
8 of 21

Scott E - glad to see you're okay.  I understand that there was an earthquake in Myanmar yesterday.

Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
9 of 21

Cheers Mary! Hadn't actually heard of the earthquake until you mentioned it, not keeping up with the news as much as I should. Still alive and safe and sound though. In Siem Reap at the moment... temple town!

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
10 of 21

Most ghostwriting clients are IN another profession. They're doctors and lawyers and business professionals and technology experts who want to share information and bolster their professional profiles with articles, books, etc based on their expertise but aren't writers.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS