cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Warming? Cycles? or Other? (if other-what?)

Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
21 of 50

@Nichola L wrote:

@Ravindra B wrote:

@Nichola L wrote:

@Ravindra B wrote:

@Nichola L wrote:

Give me global warming, or give me death!

We'll see who wins this fight yet.

Uh - actually, some of us won't, unless reincarnation makes us experience it.

And René's comments should not be misunderstood!

Nichola,

Do you believe in reincarnation?

I certainly do not.

Ravindra, I did not say I believed in it.

I said, "unless recincarnation makes us experience it". Don't tamper with the text! Smiley Wink  There is no proof at all that it does or does not exist. It is probably a feel-good semantic invention (though I can't imagine anything worse!) by people who cannot believe that their demise means exactly that. However, there is no proof either that the hopefuls are not correct.

Nichola, I merely asked out of curiosity.

No way did I imply that you did. Smiley Happy

I know - no probs. Smiley Happy

Reincarnation does open up some interesting possibilities—especially if we get to choose who or what we get to be in the next life. Smiley Happy

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
22 of 50

Meh....

Our middle-aged sun will eventually engulf the earth anyway - that is - if it expands as predicted.

Someone better come up with whatever technology is needed in the meantime, I suppose Smiley Wink

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
23 of 50

@Kat C wrote:

Meh....

Our middle-aged sun will eventually engulf the earth anyway - that is - if it expands as predicted.

Someone better come up with whatever technology is needed in the meantime, I suppose Smiley Wink

Scientists have just discovered seven new planets - prepare to move everyone, but you will have to take the  "live forever" elixir, as it takes a long time to get to them . . .

ETA: Cyclic or not, there is no reason not to keep our planet as healthy as possible . . .

Community Guru
24 of 50

@Nichola L wrote:

@Kat C wrote:

Meh....

Scientists have just discovered seven new planets - prepare to move everyone, but you will have to take the  "live forever" elixir, as it takes a long time to get to them . . .

ETA: Cyclic or not, there is no reason not to keep our planet as healthy as possible . . .

Going to be quite a journey—40 light years.

If we travel at the speed of light, we’ll be 40 years older when we reach.

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
25 of 50

@ Ravindra:  Hubby nor I will make that...Woman Sad

Community Guru
Reem H Member Since: Feb 8, 2017
26 of 50
I had a friend from NewYork, and we talked about the weather (this January).

for her, it was warm
but here (Egypt) it was raining heavily, non-stop for days (a lot of it was snow too)
Community Guru
27 of 50

@Pat M wrote:

@ Ravindra:  Hubby nor I will make that...Woman Sad

Neither will I (or most others on this forum). Smiley Happy

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
28 of 50

@ Ravindra:  But, we're all going to live, live, live until we die, right? Smiley Happy

Community Guru
29 of 50

Make every moment count!  Smiley Happy

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
30 of 50

@Kat C wrote:

Meh....

@ @Kat, rest assured that the sun will expand as predicted. In fact, the process has already started, but it will take another 5 billion years or so before the inner planets are toasted to crisps, so I would not worry about it too much for now.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS