Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good things that occasionally happen on Upwork

Highlighted
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
1 of 7

We all tend to highlight the bad things we encounter and granted, with the latest messaging problems etc., nobody could blame us. However, good things do happen as well. 

I applied for, I beg your pardon, put in a proposal, regarding a job that was posted and got it. I completed it and submitted it a little ahead of time (Sunday). Having had no response from the client, I sent a message this morning, asking whether the work was to his expectation, etc. etc. I received his reply.

Not only was the work up to expectation, he is extremely impressed with it and payment is on its way, not to worry. In addition, they don't intend closing the contract because they want to know whether they can give me another milestone for further similar work? 

So, this has been a highlight after a dark period in which I lost a few good contracts (albeit the work only came in irregularly) due to them being closed by Upwork.

Smiley Happy

Anyone else have anything good happening lately?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
2 of 7

Glad to hear of the recent success, Irene!

Highlighted
Teague G Member Since: Jul 14, 2015
3 of 7

Congratz Irene B

I've been reading a lot of negative posts and comments but, for now, I choose to stay positive, in spite of no wins on Upwork, the decline notifications (w/out reasons), the scams & spams, & the wasted time, I'm hanging on a bit longer in hopes to, just as U did, receive a win. 

However, I must add that when my back heals I'll be going old school & hitting the pavement, going door to door, to generate business for my little sole proprietorship. 

Rock & Roll!

~Teague

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Althea Maefe S Member Since: Nov 6, 2014
4 of 7

I think a lot of good things happen on Upwork every day too. Smiley Happy

People get hired every day. People get paid every day, especially Wednesdays. LOL

I joined then oDesk September of last year and  a few months after, it was changed to the now Upwork and before that and even till now a lot of maintenance has been happening, I learned to kinda just roll with it. I don't know how it was before I signed up so the Upwork lately is the Upwork I know.

And more than a good thing on Upwork I think that it is because you made it so. You did a great job and you deserve it.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Cristian-Adrian F Member Since: May 6, 2015
5 of 7

I am surprised to see a positive attitude here! Congratulations, maybe I am not such a big hater. For me also good things happen, like getting two more hourly contracts besides one on-going contract that I have for over 3 months.

Fingers crossed for this, as my threshold is at 2 projects at a time, but I really want to test my limits this time when it comes to working on multiple threads Smiley Happy

PS: I still have remorse from the terrible support I received for the listing issue. Some freelancers are still dealing with it. More specifically when you search after experience level, the engine doesn't list me amongst my peers, and that's utterly frustrating.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 7

What a wonderful idea, Irene!

To be honest I have some absolutely wonderful clients and interacting with them can be such fun and so rewarding, even when things get chaotic.

I'll have to think of something specific, but just wanted to say "Thanks"  for injecting a dose of positivity!

Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
7 of 7

that moment when .... a client gives you a little bonus...it might be a small one for a small job you squished in, simply because he is a repeat client...but every drop counts.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS