🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Goodbye
Page options
atlinguist
Community Member

Goodbye

Dear Upwork Community Forum Team,

This is to let you know that I will not be posting in the forum ever again. You removed a post ("marked as spam") which was polite and helpful, albeit a bit cheeky. I do not condone such ridiculous restrictions to free speech.

8 REPLIES 8
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Alexandra,

I`m sorry about this, just to confirm that your post was not removed by us (Moderators) and I have returned it on the thread. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Guys, you need to do something to calm down that bot. It is out of control removing perfectly innocent posts...

bad-robot-large.jpg

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Upwork,

I am making a formal objection.

Alexandra is a rare contributor on  this forum. She has to be one of the least controversial of any poster here. She always has something positive to contribute. So as René says it is a bad (ro)bot and should be scrapped. Upwork has not got the hang of AI yet and it should  not play with dangerous toys until it has better understanding of them.

Upwork has already got a JSS algorithm that can completely unhinge relatively sane people. Would you please just leave the forum to humans. If you have to edit/suppress a post - fine - but please make sure it is a human being that does it, with explanations from a human as to why. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Alexandra,

I'm very sorry your post was held up by the filter and the way it made you feel. I truly hope you decide to continue participating in this Community. Our team publishes the posts that shouldn't be hidden as soon as possible. Unfortunately, some delays are still possible.

I would also like to explain that the filter is a very valuable tool for this Community as it helps us catch a lot of actual spam and posts with dangerous content and code before they are published so we can protect our users.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria, perhaps the bot should consider the contributor posting history and exempt anyone who has more than some number of posts, or else settle for notifying a moderator to review the post in such cases. Alexandra didn’t get to Guru level by spamming.

This happened to a couple of my posts as well and I ranted about it, immediately assuming that mods had removed my perfectly reasonable posts. Please get rid of that bot -- it's clearly creating unecessary confusion and resentment in the forums.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Latest Articles
Learning Paths