🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Guess My Foster Hound, Get Some Upwork Swag
Page options
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Guess My Foster Hound, Get Some Upwork Swag

Many of you are familiar with my greyhound, and one of Community Team’s “unofficial” mascots, Basil. I think I may have also mentioned before that Basil is occasionally joined by a foster brother or sister hound. The fun part is that we never know what kind of hound we’re going to get until the day we bring them home. So, our Community team often plays a little game of trying to guess my future foster’s coat color. I’m scheduled to receive a new foster this Saturday, May 29 and I invite you to join our team in an informal game for a chance to win some Upwork swag.

Here are the rules:

• Choose one of the coat colors in the picture and leave it in a comment below by Saturday 5/29, noon PST.
  • The first person to guess correctly will win some Upwork swag with new branding.
  • Check back on Monday, May 31. I’ll update this thread with the cutest picture of the foster hound I’ll have available and the name of the winner.
  • We’ll send the winner Upwork swag (note: we have been experiencing longer than usual shipping times but will keep the winner informed with estimated arrival dates).

Greyhound_Colors.jpg

(Image Source: Blue Ridge Greyhound Adoption)

~ Valeria
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Alright, everybody, meet Felicia! She's a very cuddly and curious girl who likes to play fetch more than any other greyhound I've met in my life. She's black and is starting to get some grey around her snoot because she's almost four. 

187297542_5555235501217583_547891185970910843_n.jpg

ezgif.com-gif-maker (2).gif

This means that our winner is Aleksandr! Aleksandr, I'll be reaching out to you directly later this week about your prize.

Thanks everybody for your guesses (and for keeping track of the guesses, PetraWoman Happy) I had a ton of fun with this thread and we'll consider doing something like this again in the future. Meanwhile, if your pups or other pets would like to say hi to Felicia, feel free to post their pictures here.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43
petra_r
Community Member

Fawn Brindle because it's my favourite colour 🙂

Black and white, because I didn't know you could get greyhounds in black and white. 

This is a trick question.

Valeria currently has ALL of these and is going to keep the one she likes the best.

Haha, Preston, I wish! But no, unfortunately, I'm not living with a pack of 20 greyhounds. 

If you don't believe me and would prefer to stick to your theory though, you're welcome to guess which greyhound I like the best Robot Happy

~ Valeria
Upwork

Light brindle.

Just because it looks so cool. 

Valeria! Your hound has an Upwork blanket! How EV do you have to be to get one of those? 

Smiley LOL

Nichola L wrote:

Valeria! Your hound has an Upwork blanket! How EV do you have to be to get one of those? 

Smiley LOL

Nichola, Basil signed up for our Pupwork Plus Membership and got this blanket as one of the perks Woman LOL

Seriously though, he just stole it from his humans just like the rest of the throw blankets in our house.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria K wrote:

Haha, Preston, I wish! But no, unfortunately, I'm not living with a pack of 20 greyhounds. 

If you don't believe me and would prefer to stick to your theory though, you're welcome to guess which greyhound I like the best Robot Happy

I'm living with a pack of 20 coconuts. And I'm liking it! 😉:desert_island:️😜

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

BUT. I. WANT. TO. GUESS. THE. COLOR. TOO. Robot Sad

LOL. The last time we did this with our team, I guessed it right with a bunch of other people. So I want to make a guess again! Robot LOL But anyway, I wish everyone good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

Ok.  I guess blue.  Because in the South, we love our blue dogs...George Rodrigue BLUE DOG "Cajun Feast" Book Print - Matted & Framed - 14.75" x 18.75" overall size

Spoiler

ahhhh Petra and Mary took my guesses. I'll say Red.

I am guessing the black and white.

Because I like to keep things simple

Cheryl K wrote:

I am guessing the black and white.

Because I like to keep things simple

Black and white has already been taken by me! But there is still white and black! 

marybbishop
Community Member

Dark Brindle. Thanks for the fun game!

wescowley
Community Member

I'll go with the Dark Red. That one looks cool.

etrusca
Community Member

I say fawn

I guess Black Brindle.

shehanfernando
Community Member

Red Fawn :dog:

rverang
Community Member

White & Brindle!

astepanov83
Community Member

So many colors are already chosen. I thought about creating a new picture with used colors crossed out. But I'm lazy. So I'm just going to ask..... why isn't the merch on Amazon yet???

Taken and free hounds as of now

Hounds.png

Mine is Black

claudiacezy
Community Member

Brindle. 

Blue brindle. Glad to be in the running for the swag. 😺

Good pick, John! I hope everyone takes their guess before the deadline tomorrow, there are still some options left!

Good luck everyone!

~Andrea
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Still available: Red Brindle, Red and White, White and Brindle

hounds-min.png

Hmm, is there no such thing as a grey greyhound? You learn something new every day. Put my money on red and white, please.

Christine A wrote:
Hmm, is there no such thing as a grey greyhound? 

That would be the "blue" 🙂

. Put my money on red and white, please.

That only leaves Red Brindle and White & Brindle

hounds-min.png

I'll take white and brindle, please.

Only Red Brindle left 🙂

hounds-min.png

2a05aa63
Community Member

I'll take that Red Brindle then 🙂

petra_r
Community Member

Viacheslav K wrote:

I'll take that Red Brindle then 🙂

all gone 🙂

hounds-min.png

ceefaeca
Community Member

FAWN

I love that!!

petra_r
Community Member

Aru B wrote:

FAWN

You can't have fawn, Antonia has that.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Alright, everybody, meet Felicia! She's a very cuddly and curious girl who likes to play fetch more than any other greyhound I've met in my life. She's black and is starting to get some grey around her snoot because she's almost four. 

187297542_5555235501217583_547891185970910843_n.jpg

ezgif.com-gif-maker (2).gif

This means that our winner is Aleksandr! Aleksandr, I'll be reaching out to you directly later this week about your prize.

Thanks everybody for your guesses (and for keeping track of the guesses, PetraWoman Happy) I had a ton of fun with this thread and we'll consider doing something like this again in the future. Meanwhile, if your pups or other pets would like to say hi to Felicia, feel free to post their pictures here.

~ Valeria
Upwork

external-content.duckduckgo.com.gif

Ooooh, she's lovely, Valeria! I hope she'll find her forever home soon. I'd be useless as a foster, they'd never go anywhere again. Looks like she's settled in nicely!

Murphy (the Spaniel) and Nike, Baby and Layla (cats) say "Welcome home!" - oh and Congrats to Aleksandr!

10679885_10202898792615730_6237039530351622997_o.jpg

She's adorable Valeria. If I lived near you, I would adopt her in a heartbeat! 

Congrats Aleksandr! 

Stella says hello.20210418_140229 (2).jpg

Latest Articles
Learning Paths