🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Guys, how about some good news?
Page options
kathy1010
Community Member

Guys, how about some good news?

Hi. I've done my share of complaining here, heaven knows. So, about about some good news? These past three weeks, I've gone from banging out 10,000 word ebooks at $50-70 to FINALLY getting inundated with blog jobs that pay $20-$35 at 500 to 800 words. I'm making in a day what used to take me a week, and I can't keep up. 

C'mon, let's hear your happy news!

4 REPLIES 4
allpurposewriter
Community Member

Good on you, Virginia. I've been inundated lately, myself. Must be the post holiday shuffle.

Same here. I could work 24 hours a day if it wasn't for such pesky things as sleeping and walking the dog.

I can not remember the last time I took a day off... I will keep this up another month or so, then take a break...

e_luneborg
Community Member

Last Monday at 7pm I for the first time in 6 months didn't have any work pending. (Other than an ongoing client I have where I can just do as much or little work as I want.) So being up to date with everything felt really nice! I even started to make some plans for what to do with my new found free time. Knitting a sweater, read some books, go for walks ++.

Then comes Tuesday morning. Within 5 hours I got more work from 4 clients! Even some I thought didn't have any more work for me. Wednesday yet another client sends me a new project. So now I'm drowning in work again.

But Monday evening was nice. However I think I'll just have to go and buy a new sweater, as my plans of knitting it myself will have to be postponed.

This week I was fired by a client. I'm happy about it. The work, which he assured me should be good, not quick, was going to take me until the end of February. That was unacceptable to him.

He's better off, and so am I. I worked on the task as time allowed, but one project blew up from "do it in my sleep" to "how the hell can I do all this work?" I kept pulling up his task and working on it for a few minutes, then would have to solve an existential crisis for another client. Between publishing two new novels last week, working on four more in various stages, designing a manufacturing plant, mentoring a slew of entrepreneurs, and running two businesses, I felt guilty 24/7 about not giving more attenton to his work. I feel better.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths