🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Happy Mardi Gras!
Page options
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Happy Mardi Gras!

Although we have parades and festivities here on the Gulf Coast, I shall remain inside and ignore the fun today.  Remembering when my kids were little and we lived in New Orleans - we would hit the streets by 7am to catch the marching clubs that pass before the parades.  It was great fun and exhausting to be a single mom trying not to lose 3 kids in the crowds and pulling them back from the floats so they didn't get run over.  Wouldn't trade those memories for anything but sure don't want to do it again!

4 REPLIES 4
purplepony
Community Member

Whew!  What was your chosen beverage after you returned home and got the kiddos to bed-lol?

I would start the day with a beer with breakfast and continue judiciously throughout the day,, enhanced witih king cakek and Popeye's fried chicken...

Lol!  I've personally never developed a taste for beer and have suffered merciless ridicule for that throughout the years.

I had to google regarding the king cake-sounds interesting.  Did yours have a "baby" in it? 

Oh yes.  We start with the king cakes on January 6 and continue until Mardi Gras day.  Whomever gets the baby is supposed to buy the next king cake, which works much better in an office than in a household of two people!  It can get really out of control and many offices limit king cakes to Fridays only.  This was an especially long Carnival season so lots of king cakes were consumed.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths