cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you worked for famous clients before?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wassim T Member Since: May 29, 2015
1 of 25

It happened with me a couple of times. OK I'm not speaking about Brad Pitt here! But one of them was a public speaker and the other one had a well known company and he's famous in the business world.

A strange thing I noticed which is common among those two clients - and rare to find among other clients - is that they were too stingy.

They were always in doubts and held the money until the last moment and had fears that I might steal them! And they kept negotiating the price until the very last breath. I thought they should pay more because they're really rich! I also assumed well-known people are generous.

What about you? Please share your experience...

Highlighted
Mehmood M Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
2 of 25

My experience is quite well. Because the famous or company clients are polite and have standards, respectively they pay as decided and immediately. But the strange thing for me is that each time they hire a new contractor and i don't know why.

Highlighted
Community Guru
3 of 25

Mehmood: maybe because they want to explore new talents. Hiring new people everytime sound like a good strategy. After some time they'll have a list of good people and will rely on them on their future projects without the need to search ever again.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
4 of 25

I don't think I have..but I've served famous musicians at a gentleman's club in the  80's.. and i interviewed some musicians for a cable show and helped organize events and things... 

what i do know about famous and/or rich people that aren't into the music scene, is that they are cheap. you don't get rich by giving money away. Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 25

re: "OK I'm not speaking about Brad Pitt here!"

The real question is this: How many famous people work as contractors on Upwork, not because they need the money, but because they enjoy doing so? Can we be certain Brad Pitt doesn't design WordPress themes in his spare time for miserly clients, just because doing so keeps him grounded?

Highlighted
Community Guru
6 of 25

Cool way of thinking Preston. It is very possible honestly. 

OK let's post a job to Upwork and wait for Brad to send an offer. That's gonna be fun.

Highlighted
Community Guru
7 of 25

Mariska LOL. "You can't get rich by giving money away". That's hilarious but true.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
8 of 25

it's very true Wassim! 

My deceased common law husband who is (was?) survived by a corporate lawyer father  was born into a very old rich family that was in the fruit business between the states and Canada. When I met Jimmy (the son) he was a punk rock musician and a student. He never let on he was from a wealthy family. When I met his dad he looked like he worked in a dusty old office and his clothes were not up to date. He was the cheapest man alive and any of us that went out to eat with him always had to pay the tip because he said waitresses were the bottom feeders and if they couldn't make more of themselves then he wasn't going to help them profit from their stupidness. One of his twin daughters was a chef and he said the same about her.  He was a treat. He always wore the same brown corduroy jacket from the 70's whenever he came into London to visit. It was quite a while before I was informed I had stumbled into a obscenely wealthy family. Then I understood why Jim (the father) wasn't splashy with his money and his clothes. I figured out why he said 'you don't get rich by giving your money away'. All that time before I found out they were from old money,  I figured Jim was middle class and trying to be rich! lol. JIm was quite the jerk I don't mind saying. Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
9 of 25

Never worked for a famous person! Worked with plenty of execs at big companies, but never worked with a famous person.

I helped an ex film producer with the SEO on his website. Audited it for him and worked with his developer to understand the dos and donts. He asked a lot of questions and there was tons of back and forth and I had to correct him on a lot of the stuff he read or heard about Google. He seemed pretty OK about it even when I told him to stop letting the spammers create "white hat" backlinks. lol  Paid when I asked, so can't complain. He was through Elance too.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
10 of 25

Apart from being Brad Pitt's body double, not really.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS