cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you worked for famous clients before?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Daniel C Member Since: Nov 21, 2010
11 of 25

"They were always in doubts and held the money until the last moment and had fears that I might steal them! And they kept negotiating the price until the very last breath. I thought they should pay more because they're really rich! I also assumed well-known people are generous."

This should answer your own question.  They were distrustful of you, and you thought they should pay more just because they are wealthy.  That type of thought process is what makes wealthy people distrustful.  You're taking advantage of them because they have money rather than allowing them to be generous.

I work for these types frequently.  Some of them are generous and some are not...  Business is business...

Highlighted
Community Leader
Michael Z Member Since: Jul 19, 2015
12 of 25

Famous as in world wide? 

My company has hade some clients that are "bners" (Famous dutch people).  Most of the time they were pretty "normal" 

I actually don't even notice any difference between them, but that's mainly because I really don't care abouut who they are. 
I treat them the same way as any other client. Not worse and certainly not better. When we're doing business, we're doing business. 

They do tend to communicate a lot more than other clients. And seeing as I oversaw the projects most of the time, it would get frustrating being called on a sunday afternoon. But that had little to do with their status.

Don't call me on sunday.

But being famous in The Netherlands doesn't mean as much. I guess them not being that "different" has something to do with dat. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
13 of 25

Huh. and here I thought all Dutch think they're famous... at least I think I'm famous. Smiley Wink 

Highlighted
Community Leader
Michael Z Member Since: Jul 19, 2015
14 of 25

Everyone is famous in their own way. 

As for being famous, I think that's something I could comfortably say "no" to.  Depending on how famous we're talking. The downsides outweigh the perks - or at least, for me.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
15 of 25

Odd thing I've thought in the freelance world: I think I get more respect as a freelancer than an employee. Execs give me their direct line, they treat me as a business person, and take my advice as a professional. Don't get that in employee-employer relationship. I much prefer the freelancer-customer relationship. It seems that people respect someone being candid with them. Do that in a meeting though and you run the risk of getting fired. Weird.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nikhil D Member Since: May 28, 2015
16 of 25

I recently came across a " have been" who needed assistance with her kid's device.
**edited for Community Guidelines** she worked short roles in a couple of movies and was in a TV series too. But now, she is totally away from limelight and basking in her role as a housewife and a mother of two.

Extremely pleasant to speak/ work with, and had no false sense of royalty. Spoke more than a dozen times with her....

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
17 of 25

**edited for Community Guidelines**

I've done some work for some semi-famous companies.... NHS, DTS, Ubisoft, Neuro Drinks, Bitly, and although I didn't have any contact with them, I did do some graphics for a giant screen at a Justin Timberlake and Elton John concert in Vegas. Also had my work on House of Cards and I did the first ISS shot in this movie trailer for an upcoming low budget sci-fi flick...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD2zCtBMb04

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
Highlighted
Community Guru
18 of 25

Where was your work in House Of Cards? I watched that 3 times!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
19 of 25

Season 2, Episode 7... I think. The political advert type thing at the beginning used some of my motiongraphics stuff, where the US map comes together. You'll see Stencil Media Video Production in the credits at the end under 'special thanks'. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
Highlighted
Community Guru
20 of 25

ooooh I'm gonna watch that episode. That's pretty cool!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS