🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Hello!
Page options
e_luneborg
Community Member

Hello!

Now I’m a few months into my new digital nomad life, and I’m loving it! Other than a small ear infection (due to having my ears under water for too long while floating in the pool watching the stars), I have nothing to complain about. I’ve even found some real motivation for working, which some of you might remember me complaining about the lack of before. Don’t think I’ve ever been more productive!

So far on my trip I’ve been around Europe for a couple of months (not recommended during February/March…), and after that Bangkok, Bali, Kuala Lumpur and now Kuching. In a couple of days I’m going back to Kuala Lumpur, and from there to a little island in Thailand. That will be 3 weeks of pure relaxing, eating, sleeping and working. Smiley Happy

I seem to remember one of you made me promose to post pictures, so I'm sorry about the delay, but here you go. 🙂
I really wanted to go down to the beach down there, but then our driver reminded us that every step down we will also have to go up again. So hrrmm... I think we don't have time for that. Maybe next timeI really wanted to go down to the beach down there, but then our driver reminded us that every step down we will also have to go up again. So hrrmm... I think we don't have time for that. Maybe next timeThis is my new friend. We met at a temple, but don't remember much of the temple. It was in some caves or something. There were so many cute monkeys there, so I mostly just watched them eat bananas and steal peoples stuff. Haha!This is my new friend. We met at a temple, but don't remember much of the temple. It was in some caves or something. There were so many cute monkeys there, so I mostly just watched them eat bananas and steal peoples stuff. Haha!
The view from my office. :)The view from my office. 🙂This is my new favourite place on earth. Can't wait to go back to Lembongan, Bali!This is my new favourite place on earth. Can't wait to go back to Lembongan, Bali!

Community Member

i should learn norwegian.

mthornton-cpc
Community Member

Eve, your photos are stunning. Thanks for checking in! I love stories like yours. I've not travelled for more than a month at a time, but when I see adventures like the one you're having it makes me want to figure out how I could make that happen. Please do keep giving us updates, it's great to see where you've been and what you're up to. 

knwlzahid
Community Member

Love those pictures..

Eve, would love to know about your real motivation for working, as I think I'm lacking as well.

How you'll be able to concentrate on work when you've such beautiful places to explore? 

Is there any challenges you're facing being a digital nomad? I saw many digital nomads complaining about not having reliable internet connection in many places. 

Kanwal

Eve, fantabulous photos! So glad to read you're having the time of your life and loving every second of your journey.

Motivation is simple; to keep on traveling.  

More photos and tales when you can.

Eve, welcome. The photos are stunning. More, please.

My favorite is the rarely-seen five-armed Oslo Orangutan. Few people ever view the fifth arm, which is typically tucked away inside the belly-button.

@Kanwal

Working from new places gives me some weird motivation. I actually wake up and want to work. That never happened when I was living in Norway. I guess the knowledge that the work I do is what is making it possible for me to travel, enjoy myself, eat good food, stay at nice hotels AND save money makes the work more worth doing. And since I live out of hotels I don't get distracted by boring stuff such as cleaning, laundry and dishes. That just fixes itself. 🙂

As for wifi, I can see that a lot of digital nomads can have some issues with that, but that's just bad planning. The first thing I do at airports is to buy a local sim card with an internet bundle. That way I can work even when the wifi isn't working. (Which was the case for 2 weeks in Bali. The island I was on almost didn't have any wifi at all, but the mobile internet worked perfectly.) It's only like $10 a month or something, so it's more or less for free. 

@Eve L wrote:

@Kanwal

Working from new places gives me some weird motivation. I actually wake up and want to work. That never happened when I was living in Norway. I guess the knowledge that the work I do is what is making it possible for me to travel, enjoy myself, eat good food, stay at nice hotels AND save money makes the work more worth doing. And since I live out of hotels I don't get distracted by boring stuff such as cleaning, laundry and dishes. That just fixes itself. 🙂

As for wifi, I can see that a lot of digital nomads can have some issues with that, but that's just bad planning. The first thing I do at airports is to buy a local sim card with an internet bundle. That way I can work even when the wifi isn't working. (Which was the case for 2 weeks in Bali. The island I was on almost didn't have any wifi at all, but the mobile internet worked perfectly.) It's only like $10 a month or something, so it's more or less for free. 

Thanks. I'll try to keep in mind the purpose behind the work to get rid of distractions, and to keep myself motivated.

Hope you have great time being a digital nomad 🙂

Kanwal
m_terrazas
Community Member

Eve, welcome again.
So long without knowing about you lost out there Robot LOL
What you have achieved is enviable. I hope everything continues as well.
And buy some earplugs !!

@Maria T wrote:

Eve, welcome again.
So long without knowing about you lost out there Robot LOL
What you have achieved is enviable. I hope everything continues as well.
And buy some earplugs !!

Yup, on my shopping list already. 

Simply awesome!

Keep it coming.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths