🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Help for help
Page options
resultsassoc
Community Member

Help for help

Asking for new freelancers' help to stimulate my brain. I suffer from serious apathy, and just returned from a remarkably productive session with my therapist. She attributes it to grief resulting from my prognosis of future cognitive impairment, and her reasoning is sound. That's probably why she's on her side of the room.

Before the end of the year I'm leaving paid work. There is something I do at which I am extraordinrily adept: help people create their own jobs by repurposing their skills and experience. Looking for freelancers to help stimulate my mind as I help them create their own companies and jobs. I'm not an expert in Upwork, and there are a number of freelancers who know more about this platform than I ever will. I am an expert in freelancing and suspect I know more about it than almost every other provider on the platform.

If UW will consider this against ToS, then I'll post it as a paid job to let me help you create your own company and job. I don't want to get anyone else in trouble.PM me if interested.

15 REPLIES 15
wendy_writes
Community Member

Bill, I'm betting your first half dozen applicants will be successful FLers who want (and need) to expand their horizons.  

My hand is raised. 🙂

Wendy, the first volunteer seems to be a newbie. If you think I can teach you something (besides how to speak Esperanto with a native accent), I am beyond flattered.

Check Skype ...

Would love to get in touch with you Bill, My email is **Edited for community guidelines**

Nothing in Skype but may not be configured properly, and Private Message on Upwork freezes when trying to launch. Sorry.

Best,

Jackie

Esperanto?  Red Dwarf anyone?  Smiley Very Happy

jackiepeeler
Community Member

Could you PM me? It doesn't seem to be working right now.

Thanks.

Wow, three people have volunteered, all with distinct skills and professions. This is marvelous!

Bill, you are well respected here and I wasn't going to pass up an opportunity like that. 

Responded to the notification of your PM from my email, hope that gets through. The Private Message page here freezes every time I try to launch it. Didn't see any sign of you in my Skype but don't trust it's set up right. Haven't used it lately.

Jacqueline, no messages. If you PM me your Skype ID I can probably find you.

Faith, I replied to your message.

Ok, Bill. Getting UW help with my PM capabitlities, the page feezes every time. Don't know if it's me or them. 

Bill, still have problem sending PMs, meaning I can't, working with support but I'm tired of waiting on that to be resolved so this is my Skype ID. It's my first name, my last name which is what you use to peel an orange with,  all lowercase, with a period between. 

See if that's enough to find me. If I get inundated with Skype calls it's my own **bleep** fault.Try to resist the urge, folks. Except for Bill, Bill it's worth it to you. 

Oh ah, btw, I don't have "sufficient privledges" yet to message someone of your caliber, but it sure would've been nice to stay in touch and bounce ideas.  I have a private chat group set up in UpWork but it says I need email addresses to invite people.  But we're not allowed to post email addresses?  Hmmm.  Good luck to you all!  

fkose1993
Community Member

After working for clients on platform for a while, I just established a one-man company 3 days ago so that I could pay less taxes from my future Upwork earnings thanks to young entrepreneur incentive in Turkey Smiley Happy   I would love to "sniff your experience" and improve myself.

rebeccawagner75
Community Member

I totally get what you're throwin' down!  Very nice!  Passing along the good work.  I'm a horse trainer and after nine years of being a full time intern for trainers across the country, Im finally settling down in Texas to start my own brand, and I'm pretty good if I do say so myself.  I joined UpWork for FUN, and something to do in between training.  It's SO addictive!  I like the tests and the jobs and the people!  I just like living life, and hopefully I can get some good ideas for making my Equine Training brand successful.  I used to have a website that sold various dropship products, but it was not worth the money I was making.  I'm a hodgepodge of life college, doing everything I can to learn everything I can in the short time we are given.  There once was a time when I thought I would never reach this age and couldn't get out of bed because I was sick.  So, when I'm mentoring people, the biggest thing I tell them, is find something you love, no matter how little money you think it'll make, and DO IT.  Make moves to make dreams happen.  And after getting sick, I realized that sitting behind desks was not what I loved, and I went on a decade journey across the United States, working for free to learn the secrets to becoming a GREAT horse trainer... to help the people understand their language.  Cordially, The Queen of Caption for the Hearing Impaired  LOL!!!!!  Heart  Keep helping people, it's my legacy too, so I know how rewarding it is to sleep good at night (even though I can't afford Nordstrom's every bonus check anymore.  Would NOT trade it for the world!  I am living in a camper free of charge, and there are horses outside that I love.  That's enough for me.  Smiley Very Happy

Rebecca, my skype ID is resultsllc. Let's connect. My niece is an animal trainer who has worked with animals in live theater. I am in awe. I wouldn'[t know where to begin.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths