cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help for help

Community Guru
Bill H Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
1 of 16

Asking for new freelancers' help to stimulate my brain. I suffer from serious apathy, and just returned from a remarkably productive session with my therapist. She attributes it to grief resulting from my prognosis of future cognitive impairment, and her reasoning is sound. That's probably why she's on her side of the room.

Before the end of the year I'm leaving paid work. There is something I do at which I am extraordinrily adept: help people create their own jobs by repurposing their skills and experience. Looking for freelancers to help stimulate my mind as I help them create their own companies and jobs. I'm not an expert in Upwork, and there are a number of freelancers who know more about this platform than I ever will. I am an expert in freelancing and suspect I know more about it than almost every other provider on the platform.

If UW will consider this against ToS, then I'll post it as a paid job to let me help you create your own company and job. I don't want to get anyone else in trouble.PM me if interested.

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
2 of 16

Bill, I'm betting your first half dozen applicants will be successful FLers who want (and need) to expand their horizons.  

My hand is raised. Smiley Happy

Community Guru
3 of 16

Wendy, the first volunteer seems to be a newbie. If you think I can teach you something (besides how to speak Esperanto with a native accent), I am beyond flattered.

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
4 of 16

Check Skype ...

Community Guru
Jacqueline P Member Since: Dec 28, 2015
5 of 16

Would love to get in touch with you Bill, My email is **Edited for community guidelines**

Nothing in Skype but may not be configured properly, and Private Message on Upwork freezes when trying to launch. Sorry.

Best,

Jackie

Rebecca W Member Since: Apr 12, 2019
6 of 16

Esperanto?  Red Dwarf anyone?  Smiley Very Happy

Community Guru
7 of 16

Could you PM me? It doesn't seem to be working right now.

Thanks.

Community Guru
8 of 16

Wow, three people have volunteered, all with distinct skills and professions. This is marvelous!

Community Guru
9 of 16

Bill, you are well respected here and I wasn't going to pass up an opportunity like that. 

Responded to the notification of your PM from my email, hope that gets through. The Private Message page here freezes every time I try to launch it. Didn't see any sign of you in my Skype but don't trust it's set up right. Haven't used it lately.

Community Guru
10 of 16

Jacqueline, no messages. If you PM me your Skype ID I can probably find you.

Faith, I replied to your message.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS