🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Help with uploading audio files
Page options
dhuning
Community Member

Help with uploading audio files

Hi everyone and hope you're all well!  I have reviewed all the messages I can find in other threads regarding others having trouble uploading audio files and there doesn't seem to be a clear cut answer from anyone. The upload link seems to be limited to video....

When I asked this question before, someone suggested I use Soundcloud and in proposals include the link but I'm not sure this is the best way...

Anyone that can help with step x step instructions?

7 REPLIES 7
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Devon,

Could you please clarify if you`re referring to adding an audio file on your profile or in the proposal?
Regarding the suggestion, you can share it via Soundcloud or attach it directly to the proposal as MP3 or another type of audio file.

To learn more about our supported files, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi - Talking more about how to attach it directly in the proposal or in a
request for a sample script as an mP3, instead of a link to soundcloud -

Hi Devon Gray,

Do you get any specific error when trying to upload an audio file? I just tested it with a couple of files and didn't have any issues. Just make sure the file is under the size of 25MB.

~ Valeria
Upwork

It seems to upload in a proposal - at the bottom where it says "attachment"
and upload or drag files - but how do you check it to make sure it plays?

Also, how do you attach the file to a reply in messages, other than sending
the soundcloud link?

I see what you mean, Devon Gray. Yes, while you can't play it after uploading, it will be sent to the client just like any other file attachment and they'll be able to access, download and play it on their end.

Alternatively, you can add some samples to your portfolio and then share the link to a specific portfolio item in your proposal.

In Messages, you'll see the button to attach a file to the left of the "Compose a message" field. Alternatively, you will also be able to drag and drop a file in the Messages. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you! :). Stay busy, stay safe :).

Thanks for your response. It's a 32 bit Wav file. Will try the Soundcloud option.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths