**edited for Community Guidelines**

17 REPLIES 17
lysis10
Community Member

"I can do this sir."

"Plz give me job sir."

Hard pass.

Where is this, OP?

And yeah, Elance used to have it and this is basically what the sweaties did to clients.

florydev
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

"I can do this sir."

"Plz give me job sir."

Hard pass.

Where is this, OP?

And yeah, Elance used to have it and this is basically what the sweaties did to clients.

Anything I can do for you man...I can make it happen!

rw0uo.jpg

Why would anyone ask a good question on this because if you did you would be met with a chorus of...

I was wondering the exact same thing.

shetani
Community Member

It's on G***. They've been making some awful changes to their UI lately, whole website is sluggish and broken. Like Upwork.

And they started ID verification, but they supposedly ask for your CC details as well LOL.

lysis10
Community Member

Ines H wrote:

It's on G***. They've been making some awful changes to their UI lately, whole website is sluggish and broken. Like Upwork.

And they started ID verification, but they supposedly ask for your CC details as well LOL.

I heard about that. I didn't get the email and I have a dead account there. 

They  need to do something because they are losing the battle. They need to dump some money into getting clients, because that place is tumbleweeds.

I am glad that you clarified that this was on that other site, not on Upwork. Because what you were showing us certainly did not look like the Upwork interface.

However: Keep in mind (and this may be what you are referring to), Upwork currently IS experimenting with a system through which CLIENTS can talk to freelancers before actually posting a job.

Jennifer M wrote:

Ines H wrote:

I heard about that. I didn't get the email and I have a dead account there. 

They  need to do something because they are losing the battle. They need to dump some money into getting clients, because that place is tumbleweeds.

I have received the email to verify the identity, and they charge for it Smiley Frustrated

Maria T wrote:

I have received the email to verify the identity, and they charge for it :smileyfrustr

Upwork  DO NOT  EVEN THINK  ABOUT IT!!!

@Nichola,

The biggest on-line marketplace in the world is Alibaba. They charge for verification, up to $40K if I recall correctly. The thing is that you can join for free as a vendor, or at least you could about ten years ago when I posted a profile as part of research for another client.

ProSavvy was quite successful and made a profit as a freelance work broker board. Membership was perhaps $1.5K/year or so. I used an acquaintance's membership and gave him 10% of my net. I think I earned maybe $15-20K on them in a year.

Maria T wrote:

I have received the email to verify the identity, and they charge for it Smiley Frustrated

LOL oh now THAT is funny!

Ines H wrote:

An interface more awful than it was? I thought that was impossible. It was so awful that I lost the will to live after seeing that.

Sergio S wrote:

Ines H wrote:

An interface more awful than it was? I thought that was impossible. It was so awful that I lost the will to live after seeing that.

Well boy do I feel dumb now,  I just checked their site and it's actually quite fast and responsive compared to the way it was a few days ago. Still, point stands. They need some color in their life.

I'd talk more about it but I feel like I'll get community-guidelined again.

Who's G***? Should we assume it starts with G and is 4 characters long? I can't figure out who that might be.

Ivan L wrote:
Who's G***? Should we assume it starts with G and is 4 characters long? I can't figure out who that might be.

I believe it is...

G***

a spiritual teacher, especially one who imparts initiation.

each of the ten first leaders of the Sikh religion.
  • an influential teacher or popular expert.
    "a management g***"

Mark F wrote:

Ivan L wrote:

I believe it is...

G***

"a management g***"

Or a Community G*** in this forum.

Richard W wrote:

Mark F wrote:

Ivan L wrote:

I believe it is...

G***

"a management g***"

Or a Community G*** in this forum.

LOL, well that would have been a lot easier.  Now I feel like a marooooon.

You won't miss anything. I tried there and I got annoyed with so many obviously stolen work (graphics). I don't know what their mods are doing.

Community Manager

Hi Ines,

I'm sorry I had to edit your original post. Posting chat transcripts is against our Community Guidelines. I hope you understand why I had to take action on the post. 

You can let me know if you have questions about our Community Guidelines. Thank you for understanding!

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths