Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Here's why allowing Q&A on jobs sucks

Community Guru
Ines H Member Since: Feb 15, 2017
1 of 18

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 18

"I can do this sir."

"Plz give me job sir."

 

Hard pass.

 

Where is this, OP?

 

And yeah, Elance used to have it and this is basically what the sweaties did to clients.

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
3 of 18

Jennifer M wrote:

"I can do this sir."

"Plz give me job sir."

 

Hard pass.

 

Where is this, OP?

 

And yeah, Elance used to have it and this is basically what the sweaties did to clients.


Anything I can do for you man...I can make it happen!

rw0uo.jpg

 

Why would anyone ask a good question on this because if you did you would be met with a chorus of...

 

I was wondering the exact same thing.

Community Guru
Ines H Member Since: Feb 15, 2017
4 of 18

It's on G***. They've been making some awful changes to their UI lately, whole website is sluggish and broken. Like Upwork.

 

And they started ID verification, but they supposedly ask for your CC details as well LOL.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
5 of 18

Ines H wrote:

It's on G***. They've been making some awful changes to their UI lately, whole website is sluggish and broken. Like Upwork.

 

And they started ID verification, but they supposedly ask for your CC details as well LOL.


I heard about that. I didn't get the email and I have a dead account there. 

 

They  need to do something because they are losing the battle. They need to dump some money into getting clients, because that place is tumbleweeds.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 18

I am glad that you clarified that this was on that other site, not on Upwork. Because what you were showing us certainly did not look like the Upwork interface.

 

However: Keep in mind (and this may be what you are referring to), Upwork currently IS experimenting with a system through which CLIENTS can talk to freelancers before actually posting a job.

Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
7 of 18

Jennifer M wrote:

Ines H wrote:

It's on G***. They've been making some awful changes to their UI lately, whole website is sluggish and broken. Like Upwork.

 

And they started ID verification, but they supposedly ask for your CC details as well LOL.


I heard about that. I didn't get the email and I have a dead account there. 

 

They  need to do something because they are losing the battle. They need to dump some money into getting clients, because that place is tumbleweeds.


I have received the email to verify the identity, and they charge for it Smiley Frustrated

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
8 of 18

Maria T wrote:


I have received the email to verify the identity, and they charge for it :smileyfrustr


 ____________________________

 

Upwork  DO NOT  EVEN THINK  ABOUT IT!!!

Community Guru
Bill H Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
9 of 18

@Nichola,

 

The biggest on-line marketplace in the world is Alibaba. They charge for verification, up to $40K if I recall correctly. The thing is that you can join for free as a vendor, or at least you could about ten years ago when I posted a profile as part of research for another client.

 

ProSavvy was quite successful and made a profit as a freelance work broker board. Membership was perhaps $1.5K/year or so. I used an acquaintance's membership and gave him 10% of my net. I think I earned maybe $15-20K on them in a year.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
10 of 18

Maria T wrote:


I have received the email to verify the identity, and they charge for it Smiley Frustrated


LOL oh now THAT is funny!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS