🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Hey, we're all professionals here ....
Page options
allpurposewriter
Community Member

Hey, we're all professionals here ....

So, an hour ago I got an invitation to apply for a writing job. It's no big whoop, but it strikes me as something that may be interesting. 

The posting says, "blah blah blah ... light promotional work ... blah blah blah (I don't want to be censored here) for a left-leaning political group."

So I write my standard two-sentence response spiced up for the occasion. My response says, "As a full time writer with decidedly left-leaning proclivities I am very interested in the opportunity you have posted on Upwork. My own work has been published ... blah blah blah."

They write back pretty quickly. The note says, "Thanks for the note. But I'm sorry to tell you I wrote left when I meant to write right. I assume you are no longer a good fit."

That's pretty great. I had to write back. My response was this: "Thanks for letting me know. I'm sure tomorrow I will think this is pretty funny. Good luck with your Satanic endeavors." 

Had to share. Blip-duweep. 

10 REPLIES 10
yitwail
Community Member

I'm not revealing which way I lean, but I've worked with clients who definitely leaned the other way, and we got along fine, though I never volunteered my political leanings, since it wasn't germane to my work as a web developer, but that's not to say I'll work for any client.

John K wrote:

I'm not revealing which way I lean, but I've worked with clients who definitely leaned the other way, and we got along fine, though I never volunteered my political leanings, since it wasn't germane to my work as a web developer, but that's not to say I'll work for any client.

I have a client I'm friendly with and can tell my inappropriate jokes to. We got to talking about GA and I said people walk around with their guns and I can hear shooting in the woods sometimes and it freaks me out how this is OK. And he laid a hint that he's ok with it, and I realize oooh back it up jenn don't even go there. lol

mystudiomke
Community Member

I laughed way too hard at this.Smiley LOL Especially for your response. Thanks for sharing Anthony!

Lila
kaliamanda
Community Member

That was funny (your response). 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Anthony H wrote:

So, an hour ago I got an invitation to apply for a writing job. It's no big whoop, but it strikes me as something that may be interesting. 

The posting says, "blah blah blah ... light promotional work ... blah blah blah (I don't want to be censored here) for a left-leaning political group."

So I write my standard two-sentence response spiced up for the occasion. My response says, "As a full time writer with decidedly left-leaning proclivities I am very interested in the opportunity you have posted on Upwork. My own work has been published ... blah blah blah."

They write back pretty quickly. The note says, "Thanks for the note. But I'm sorry to tell you I wrote left when I meant to write right. I assume you are no longer a good fit."

That's pretty great. I had to write back. My response was this: "Thanks for letting me know. I'm sure tomorrow I will think this is pretty funny. Good luck with your Satanic endeavors." 

Had to share. Blip-duweep. 

lol funny. My 2 cents this was a Freudian slip and he really really wants to be in a left-leaning group. 

I think even Freud would call that a brain fart.

lysis10
Community Member

> we're all professionals here

pffffffffffffffffft, I'm just a degenerate gamer and poopposter

Jennifer M wrote:

> we're all professionals here

pffffffffffffffffft, I'm just a degenerate gamer and poopposter

right! Nobody has the right to call us professional!

Martina P wrote:

right! Nobody has the right to call us professional!

I decided payback was in order for the video verification checkmark since they can see me but I can't see him, so I did it after working out all nasty and in my workout clothes. If he has to look at a professional, I'm gonna show him professional.

allergywriter
Community Member

I think your response should have been "for $xx I'll lean any direction you want"

When I was growing up in Texas, we had a story about LBJ starting out as a history teacher. During his interview the principal asked him "Who won the Civil War". LBJ's response was "You tell me. North or South winning, I can teach it however you want."

Of course if the story were true, the principal would have inquired about The War of Northern Agression

Latest Articles
Learning Paths