🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Hilarious Clients/Freelancers Reviews
Page options
donfak
Community Member

Hilarious Clients/Freelancers Reviews

Hello, fellow Upworkers!

So I stumbled on a freelancer profile and found this hilarious client's review I couldn't help but share. Smiley LOL I guess sharing the profile would violate TOS, so I won't.

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 23.18.30.png

Upwork should probably take action about this particular one. 😂

8 REPLIES 8
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joel,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the link to the profile you're referring to. I'll check that and escalate accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
moonraker
Community Member

The other day I found myself browsing through the profiles of freelancers that have done work for me in the past - I sometimes like to see how they've done since.

A few seem to have taken on sudden and rather extreme changes in appearance - presumably after having to verify their ID. One attractive young lady claiming to be from England morphed into a rather burly looking young gentleman apparently from African descent. He would have to be the most butch looking Mary that I have ever encountered.

His/her account was closed for some reason - I wonder why that would be. 

Hi Jamie,

Could you please send me a private message with more information on the reported freelancers so that I can check?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Aleksandar, Jamie noted that the specifoed morphing and fradulent FLer account was closed.  😉

Yes, this should be escalated! Because that meant the freelancer is a SCAM!!! 

A non-legal identity, I'm not sure if this is tolerated in Upwork...but

I think staying anonymous or bieng on an unverified account can still be LEGIT, as long as the other party got the value of what they have paid for, and whatever business transactions they do doesn't affect the global community in general i.e. phishing, identity theft, being an impostor, other fraudulent acts.

resultsassoc
Community Member

I once left a review on another board that was intentionally middling - probably a 3,6, I never look at ratings without a narrative, so I'm always sure to provide one. My narrative: "Of all the freelancers I've ever employed, this certainly was one of them."

heatherfugate
Community Member

I saw a client leave a freelancer something similar last week. I was browsing open projects and I always read feedback to help me in my decision process of hmm. do I want to work with this person or not. I saw a client leave the freelancer feedback that said something along the lines of:

"Freelancer did great work leading up to my phone call. The freelancer has a picture as a female and goes by Mary but it is not a Mary it is a MAN! He is misrepresenting himself and his business." 

I laughed out loud when I read it.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for participating in this thread. For users who see feedback that identifies the freelancer/s as another user, we would appreciate it if the Community can flag these accounts so that the team receives this in their queue, and they can review it further. 

Thank you!

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths