Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hippies …

boshoffirene
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
41 of 227

True story...

My dad and his wife (my stepmom) came to live with us 2 weeks ago. She has dementia, is incontinent, and is in a wheelchair. Long story short...I have long hair that I tend to wear in a braid - just makes more sense when doing housework, taking care of her....and, of course....WORKING. You know, the kind of work you get paid to do like on Upwork. But I digress....

So there I was in my shorts, t-shirt (it is summer here), and braid the other morning, giving her a bed bath and getting her ready for the day. My braid flips over my shoulder and she grabs a hold of it...pulls me closer....and whispers.. "I also used to be a hippy...."

purplepony
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
42 of 227

Irene, hopefully that filled each of you with absolute joy!

boshoffirene
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
43 of 227

It did/does. My Mom died when she was in her 40's...Stepmom has loved Dad and taken care of him for 28 yrs. She also raised my brother (huge age gap between the two of us). So I will eternally be thankful to her for becoming the new light of his and baby bro's lives.

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
44 of 227

C'mon people ... let's see your photo ... I don't want to be the only one!

ravi_iitian
Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
45 of 227

@Virginia F wrote:

Is that really your photo, Virginia?

"Certa bonum certamen"
mtngigi
Community Guru
46 of 227

@Ravindra B wrote:

@Virginia F wrote:

Is that really your photo, Virginia?

Of course it's my photo. It never occured to me you'd think otherwise. Here's the photo where it lives under a magnet on my embarrassingly messy-magneted refridgerator.

When I saw the photo you posted, I was reminded of this photo because it's a favorite. Yes, Ravindra, I was once young and my now-white hair black - as I said, those were the days.

DSCF3124.jpg

Note the photo of the cool renticular cloud that looked like a flying saucer ... it hovered over Grand Lake (where I lived at the time) all day long without moving.

Let me know if you want any info about the two okras under the VW magnet. Smiley Happy

jmlaidlaw
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
47 of 227

Definitely not as good or as on-point as Virginia's photo... But it's as close to "hippie" as farm kids get. (The sorority T-shirt wasn't mine.)IJL with a heifer.jpg

ravi_iitian
Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
48 of 227

@Janean L wrote:

Definitely not as good or as on-point as Virginia's photo... But it's as close to "hippie" as farm kids get. (The sorority T-shirt wasn't mine.)IJL with a heifer.jpg

The secrets are tumbling out now!

You were a rad too, Janean? Smiley Happy

"Certa bonum certamen"
jmlaidlaw
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
49 of 227

You were a rad too, Janean? Smiley Happy

Nope... I just played one in college...

mtngigi
Community Guru
50 of 227

@Janean L wrote:

Janean, unless that cow had a name, I'm guessing you weren't one of those d__m hippy vegetarians!  Smiley Happy 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS