Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hippies …

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
41 of 201

@Janean L wrote:

Definitely not as good or as on-point as Virginia's photo... But it's as close to "hippie" as farm kids get. (The sorority T-shirt wasn't mine.)IJL with a heifer.jpg

Janean, unless that cow had a name, I'm guessing you weren't one of those d__m hippy vegetarians!  Smiley Happy 

Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
42 of 201

Janean, unless that cow had a name, I'm guessing you weren't one of those d__m hippy vegetarians!  Smiley Happy 

Actually, all of our cows (steers, to be technical) had names. And that is why I no longer eat meat. I always knew the name of whatever was in the freezer. Unsettling...

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
43 of 201

Janean, your smile is an instant give-away.  Yep, that is def. you.  

Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
44 of 201

@Virginia:

“Yes, Ravindra, I was once young and my now-white hair black - as I said, those were the days.”

Oh, come on, Virginia. That isn’t what I meant. Smiley Embarassed

I wasn’t sure if that was just a random picture from the hippie era.

Gosh, I see the resemblance now! Smiley Happy

And hey, white hair or not, you are still a great looker! Smiley Very Happy

BTW, tell me more about the okras.

ETA:

I wish I had my old photos.

Lost most of my prized possessions (photos, trophies, etc.) in a termite attack when I was in the US … but that is another story.

I regret having been so careless about my photographs.

Thank god, my daughter now has the few photos that didn’t get lost.

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
45 of 201

@Virginia F wrote:

C'mon people ... let's see your photo ... I don't want to be the only one!

Okay, John, Rene, Pat, Wendy, Nichola, Jennifer …

You're up next! Smiley Happy

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
46 of 201

Yay .... let 's see some throw-back photos, but only if you're old like me! Smiley Happy

Community Guru
47 of 201

Not a clue where pics might be; I've moved too often.  Put imaginations to work -

Surfer girl thru and thru.  Long straight blonde - usually wet.  Very, very tan.  Way too young to have passed for even an approximation of an adult when I more or less ran off to San Francisco.  That is, had I been brave enough to go topless as was the norm.  The stuffing would have filled a Kleenex box. I was either too broke to have purchased a padded bra or lacked the foresight. 

I wore a lot of flower tiaras though ....

Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Community Guru
48 of 201

@Wendy C wrote:

Not a clue where pics might be; I've moved too often.  Put imaginations to work -

Surfer girl thru and thru.  Long straight blonde - usually wet.  Very, very tan.  Way too young to have passed for even an approximation of an adult when I more or less ran off to San Francisco ... had I been brave enough to go topless as was the norm.  The stuffing would have filled a Kleenex box. I was either too broke to have purchased a padded bra or lacked the foresight. 

Smiley Wink

I don't want to imagine - time to dig up those old photos. Cmon surfer girl ... I'll believe it when I see the Polaroid.

Community Guru
49 of 201

Virginia, a similar tale to the one Ravindra shared.  Not mugged or anything but the proverbial evil stepmother who trashed all my memories - scibblings, photos, memorablia, etc. - when I was in college.  

The many moves since then have meant I always have my daughter's memories packed and stored as FRAGILE. Do Not Touch -

Community Guru
50 of 201

@Wendy C wrote:

Virginia, a similar tale to the one Ravindra shared.  Not mugged or anything but the proverbial evil stepmother who trashed all my memories - scibblings, photos, memorablia, etc. - when I was in college.  

The many moves since then have meant I always have my daughter's memories packed and stored as FRAGILE. Do Not Touch -

Oh ... well that's just sad, Wendy.  Hard to believe anyone could be capable of doing that to someone's memories.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS