Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hippies …

Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
51 of 201

@ Virginia:

Did your post get zapped?

“Ah ... the okra. First I drew, colored and cut them out, putting little holes in the tops. I painted my face green, and fashioned a microphone out of an antique wooden spool. Needless to say it took a long time for anyone in my office (still in the B&M world then) to know who or what I was, because only one person recognized what the okra was, and after I ‘interviewed’ her, she put two and two together. Okra it's rather an unknown vegetable to a lot of people, lol.”

You have a fertile imagination and plenty of spunk.

Okra I do know very well. Thank heavens it was available at the supermarkets in the US. Okra and pita bread was a staple diet for me (in between the tater tots and pizzas).

ETA: Edited the post.

"Certa bonum certamen"
Highlighted
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
52 of 201

@Ravindra B wrote:

@ Virginia:

Did your post get zapped?

“Ah ... the okra. First I drew, colored and cut them out, putting little holes in the tops, because they were my earrings the year I was Okra Winfrey for Hallowween. I painted my face green, and fashioned a microphone out of an antique wooden spool. Needless to say it took a long time for anyone in my office (still in the B&M world then) to know who or what I was, because only one person recognized what the okra was, and after I ‘interviewed’ her, she put two and two together. Okra it's rather an unknown vegetable to a lot of people, lol.”

You have a fertile imagination and plenty of spunk.

Okra I do know very well. Thank heavens it was available at the supermarkets in the US. Okra and pita bread was a staple diet for me (in between the tater tots and pizzas).

What post got zapped?

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
53 of 201

Marvelous costume!

Community Guru
54 of 201

@Wendy C wrote:

Marvelous costume!

Thanks. It was a take-off on another Halloween costume when I still lived in Grand Lake. That year I was Opa Winfrey

The phrase "Opa!" was heard many times around that small mountain town before shots of whatever where downed. So that year, I had little plastic shot glasses dangling from my ears, and sewn all over the top I was wearing.

People still talk about Opa Winfrey ... many years later. Smiley Happy

Community Guru
55 of 201

@Wendy C wrote:

Marvelous costume!

Apparently it was found offensive ... and I assume the Opa reference will disappear as well. I never in a million years thought of that costume as offensive - not even close, because it isn't. It's a play on her name.

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
56 of 201

@ Virginia: IMO the "cops" do take it too far sometimes.  Of course I undertand the rule but think they need to lighten up sometimes, but what do I know-lol.

Community Guru
57 of 201

Ravindra and whomever else may be interested:  I LOVE okra and almost all veggies but definitely am not a Vegetarian.  I just had fried okra @ The Cracker Barrel Thursday evening w/:  chicken and dumplings, hash brown casserole, and fried apples.  No carbs in that meal-lol!  I ate about 2/3 of the meal and got a box for the other 1/3.  When our waitress asked us if there was anything else we'd like I replied a wheel barrow (to haul me out).  Sooooo good but soooo stuffed.  Smiley Happy 

Community Guru
58 of 201

Ravindra stated:

@Virginia F wrote:

C'mon people ... let's see your photo ... I don't want to be the only one!

Okay, John, Rene, Pat, Wendy, Nichola, Jennifer …

You're up next! Smiley Happy

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hmm, it doesn't appear that John or Rene are playing.  Perhaps they need a formal invitation?  Or, maybe they're younger than you think?

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
59 of 201

My bet - age is irrelevant as both are hippies at heart.  

Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
60 of 201

I want to see Preston's version of himself as a hippie.  Maybe there is a photograph of him with his tie knotted loosely...?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS