Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hippies …

Highlighted
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
31 of 216

Virginia, you're still beautiful; now with absolutely gorgeous white hair instead of dark.  Here's one of my photos from the era.

Hippy Pat.jpg

Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
32 of 216

@Pat M wrote:

Virginia, you're still beautiful; now with absolutely gorgeous white hair instead of dark.  Here's one of my photos from the era.

Hippy Pat.jpg

The Pat-in-long-hair version. Smiley Happy

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
33 of 216

Ravindra stated:  The Pat-in-long-hair version.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Yep, and MUCH younger too.  In addition to the longer hair I wore:  granny glasses (wires), midriff tops, bell bottoms and went bare footed as much as I could get away with-lol!  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the memories; at least of those instances I could fully remember.  Smiley Wink   

Community Guru
34 of 216

@Pat M wrote:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Yep, and MUCH younger too.  In addition to the longer hair I wore:  granny glasses (wires), midriff tops, bell bottoms and went bare footed as much as I could get away with-lol!  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the memories; at least of those instances I could fully remember.  Smiley Wink   

I need to get my eyes examined: completely missed the fire place. Smiley Happy

Bell bots + bare feet = clean floor. Smiley Happy

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
35 of 216

Ravindra stated:

@Pat M wrote:

I need to get my eyes examined: completely missed the fire place. Smiley Happy

Bell bots + bare feet = clean floor. Smiley Happy

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Of course the bells had to be long enough that if I walked on water (fat chance---ha ha), the pants (nearly always jeans) would absorb water at least to a couple of inches above the hems.  Talk about a really clean floor.  Oh, brother...lol! 

Community Guru
36 of 216

We were a little too young for the hippie movement.

Besides, we were in a fancy school (British: public school; American: private school), so we were kept in check.

We saw the seniors wear drainpipes, and I always wondered how long it took to put them on.

By the time we had become seniors, thankfully bell-bots had become the craze.

Anyway, I was more a yuppie than a hippie.

Ravi2.png

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
37 of 216

Woodstock at 50, in the words, and music, of those who were there

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/woodstock-at-50-in-the-words-and-music-of-those-who-were-there/

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
38 of 216

Love.jpg

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
39 of 216

Picnic.jpg

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru