Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
72 of 201

Double_decker.jpg

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
73 of 201

Jennifer D. posted:

When I was in high school, my first boyfriend was a beautiful Adonis - a much older guy who was a surfer. He was so, so, pretty, but also so, so stupid. And also, a complete stoner. I was in advanced placement classes and (at the time) had my sights on medical school (which didn't work out, but that's a different story!). I decided that I would never, ever touch the stuff, for fear of it killing my very smart brain. I had a string of beautiful, dumb, stoner boyfriends but have never smoked it myself. But I'm certain that my mother *still* doesn't believe me when I was always coming home smelling of pot!

Now, don't get me wrong - I am *certainly* not saying that there's a correlation between pot smoking and intellligence. I now know many intelligent people who also use marijuana. But to my young, impressionable brain, I thought there was a correlation and made a decision based my limited observations.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Back in the day" I smoked pot and was the most intelligent person in the world---or so it always felt at the time! lol

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
74 of 201

Ravindra shared:

Bus.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I can't even imagine how many of these went to Woodstock and the like.  A class mate of mine did and had a wonderful time.  I was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo envious! 

Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
75 of 201

Well, I wasn't a part of the original thread but here goes Smiley Very Happy  Man, this was long and long ago (Petra was nice enough to restore the image a while back)

1975.jpg

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
76 of 201

Well, I wasn't a part of the original thread but here goes Smiley Very Happy  Man, this was long and long ago (Petra was nice enough to restore the image a while back)

1975.jpg

It is soooo tempting to add a talk bubble. 

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
77 of 201

Looking at these memories, is anyone else struck by how blasted care-free and happy we were?

Community Guru
78 of 201

@Wendy C wrote:

Looking at these memories, is anyone else struck by how blasted care-free and happy we were?

Otherwise known as "youth".

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
79 of 201

More than that, Virginia - at least I think so.

Highlighted
Community Guru
80 of 201

@Wendy C wrote:

More than that, Virginia - at least I think so.

Yeah ... my knees didn't hurt so bad!  :-)

But seriously ... you're right. How does that saying go? "Youth is wasted on the Youth". But I do find it interesting that I feel the same way inside as I did when I was younger.

It seems that the body ages faster than the mind, soul and our psyches.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS