Did you mean: 

Re: Hippies …

Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
91 of 201

@Jennifer D wrote:

Here's one of me and my hippie dad from the appropriate era:

IMG_7269.JPG

And here's one of me as a teenager trying to be a hippie (I wore a lot of long floaty dresses) (I'm on the left in the blue denim jacket):

IMG_7270.JPG

I used to joke that I was a hippie in a past life. These days my standard uniform is more jeans and a funky t-shirt but I still have the odd floaty dress.

Great shots, Jennifer!

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
92 of 201

@Ravindra B wrote:

@Jennifer D wrote:

Here's one of me and my hippie dad from the appropriate era:

IMG_7269.JPG

And here's one of me as a teenager trying to be a hippie (I wore a lot of long floaty dresses) (I'm on the left in the blue denim jacket):

IMG_7270.JPG

I used to joke that I was a hippie in a past life. These days my standard uniform is more jeans and a funky t-shirt but I still have the odd floaty dress.

Great shots, Jennifer!

Floaty dresses aren't odd. :-)

Jennifer, your comment about being a hippy in another life reminded me of this. Long after those days were over, and I was still working as a chef in another life, I was sitting on a pickle bucket taking a break and out of the blue one of the waiters came up to me and said "you're an undercover hippy, aren't you?" I don't know what he saw that prompted that, but it was a pretty funny thing to have someone say to me.

Community Guru
Oreofe J Member Since: May 8, 2015
93 of 201

I always suspected there was an undercover hippie movement on UW - just did not know how strong it was.

Keep the confessions (and awesome throwback pictures) coming people.

Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

BTW Rene and John cannot be a part of this movement -  in another world maybe, but not this one.

Hippies Definition:

'(especially in the 1960s) a person of unconventional appearance, typically having long hair and wearing beads, associated with a subculture involving a rejection of conventional values'... etc

Reminds me of the old arguement - Are hippies born or made?

Community Guru
94 of 201

@Oreofe J wrote:

I always suspected there was an undercover hippie movement on UW - just did not know how strong it was.

BTW Rene and John cannot be a part of this movement -  in another world maybe, but not this one.

Hippies Definition:

'(especially in the 1960s) a person of unconventional appearance, typically having long hair and wearing beads, associated with a subculture involving a rejection of conventional values'... etc

Hippies are hippies at heart. Smiley Happy

Def1.jpg

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
95 of 201
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
96 of 201

Oreofe J. stated:

Hippies Definition:

______________________________________________________________________________________________

It was the 70's for me.   IMO hippies can be born or made.  Smiley Wink 

Community Guru
97 of 201

Sunday.jpg

"Certa bonum certamen"
Highlighted
Community Guru
98 of 201

Car.jpg

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
99 of 201

@Ravindra B wrote:

Car.jpg

Cool.

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
100 of 201

Hey Man, Groovy!!!  (Looks somewhat like Janis Joplin)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS