Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
101 of 205

@Ravindra B wrote:

Car.jpg

Cool.

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
102 of 205

Hey Man, Groovy!!!  (Looks somewhat like Janis Joplin)

Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
103 of 205

@Pat M wrote:

Hey Man, Groovy!!!  (Looks somewhat like Janis Joplin)

It is Janis Joplin and her 1964 hand-painted Porsche Cabriolet. Smiley Happy

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
104 of 205

Woodstock.jpg

"Certa bonum certamen"
Highlighted
Community Guru
105 of 205

I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO envious that a class mate of mine got to go!  Since I was in high school at the time, of course my parents wouldn't let me; and I did beg.  My class mate that went was a guy.  My parents were great parents; I just didn't fully realize it at the time-lol. 

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
106 of 205

Truth time.  I was never anything even close to a hippy.  I was in high school and college but was rather conservative and "preppy".  IN the 70's, I was a young wife and mother and then a young single mother.  No time for anything else!

However, in the spirit of complete honesty, one of my best friends from high school kidnapped Patty Hearst.  True story.

Community Guru
107 of 205

@Mary W wrote:

Truth time.  I was never anything even close to a hippy.  I was in high school and college but was rather conservative and "preppy".  IN the 70's, I was a young wife and mother and then a young single mother.  No time for anything else!

However, in the spirit of complete honesty, one of my best friends from high school kidnapped Patty Hearst.  True story.

Nor was I: too young and too concerned about my education.

I was more a yuppie than a hippie, or perhaps a yippie. Smiley Happy

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
108 of 205

Janice Joplin though. She was such a great singer - all those 27- year olds -  what is it with ultimate burn out at this age?

@Mary

Patty Hearst's kidnapper - coo-er! (as they say in Brit English). Last Sunday I had lunch with a couple I had never met. They casually let it drop that they had been quite close friends with a murderer.

My little sheltered life - of course murderers can have friends, even if, in grisly fashion, they topped their hubby or their hubby's lover - or both.

Makes one think . . .

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
109 of 205

@Nichola.  She actually came to our last high school reunion, which took a lot of courage.  She was exactly the same as she had been in high school.  I guess two prison terms taught her something.  She's also very successful, having taught herself programming while in solitary confinement for three years....

Community Guru
110 of 205

Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiippppppppppppppppppppppie---I like it!  I like it!  In the 70's I was in high school and college and was a hippie as much as I could be.  But, I was also concerned about my education so...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS