Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hippies …

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
71 of 205

Pat, I'm an ex-cigarette smoker too. I was a very heavy smoker all through the end of high school and university. I cut back a lot when I finished uni and finally quit for good when I moved to Australia in April 2004. Doesn't stop me getting cravings though, especially when I'm stressed.

I drink very little alcohol and won't have a single drink if I have to drive at any point in the evening. My uncle killed himself drink driving and I'm militant about it. Sorry about your ex and his dad Smiley Sad

Anyway this has gotten way too sad for such a happy thread! Back to the hippie pictures!

hqdefault.jpg

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
72 of 205

Jennifer, I understand about heavy smoking; used to smoke 2-3 (usually 3) packs/day.  YIKES!!!  CONGRATS on quitting!  I'm sorry you still get cravings; I know many that do.

You probably know this technique already but in case you don't I'll share.  I practice it A LOT when I'm stressed.  Take a VERY deep breath and VERY slowly exhale; sometimes a few times in a row.  It really helps me.

Then there's other times I'm stressed whereby most people would count to 10: 1, 2, 3...  I just go straight to 10 and yell it out. lol

I never drink and drive or even get in a vehicle with anyone that has been.  I'm sorry about your Uncle.  I had a great Uncle (never met) that evidently really enjoyed his drink.  He was living with my Grandparents and came home very drunk one night.  The story goes that he came in the back door and fell all the way down the basement stairs and cracked his head open.  At least he probably didn't feel any pain but...gosh...

Anyway---enough of that; you're right.  We'll choose to be happy now.  Woman Very Happy 

Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
73 of 205

Free spirit.jpg

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
74 of 205

Double_decker.jpg

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
75 of 205

Jennifer D. posted:

When I was in high school, my first boyfriend was a beautiful Adonis - a much older guy who was a surfer. He was so, so, pretty, but also so, so stupid. And also, a complete stoner. I was in advanced placement classes and (at the time) had my sights on medical school (which didn't work out, but that's a different story!). I decided that I would never, ever touch the stuff, for fear of it killing my very smart brain. I had a string of beautiful, dumb, stoner boyfriends but have never smoked it myself. But I'm certain that my mother *still* doesn't believe me when I was always coming home smelling of pot!

Now, don't get me wrong - I am *certainly* not saying that there's a correlation between pot smoking and intellligence. I now know many intelligent people who also use marijuana. But to my young, impressionable brain, I thought there was a correlation and made a decision based my limited observations.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Back in the day" I smoked pot and was the most intelligent person in the world---or so it always felt at the time! lol

Community Guru
76 of 205

Ravindra shared:

Bus.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I can't even imagine how many of these went to Woodstock and the like.  A class mate of mine did and had a wonderful time.  I was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo envious! 

Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
77 of 205

Well, I wasn't a part of the original thread but here goes Smiley Very Happy  Man, this was long and long ago (Petra was nice enough to restore the image a while back)

1975.jpg

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
78 of 205

Well, I wasn't a part of the original thread but here goes Smiley Very Happy  Man, this was long and long ago (Petra was nice enough to restore the image a while back)

1975.jpg

It is soooo tempting to add a talk bubble. 

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
79 of 205

Looking at these memories, is anyone else struck by how blasted care-free and happy we were?

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
80 of 205

@Wendy C wrote:

Looking at these memories, is anyone else struck by how blasted care-free and happy we were?

Otherwise known as "youth".

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS