Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hippies …

Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
111 of 212

@Mary W wrote:

Truth time.  I was never anything even close to a hippy.  I was in high school and college but was rather conservative and "preppy".  IN the 70's, I was a young wife and mother and then a young single mother.  No time for anything else!

However, in the spirit of complete honesty, one of my best friends from high school kidnapped Patty Hearst.  True story.

Nor was I: too young and too concerned about my education.

I was more a yuppie than a hippie, or perhaps a yippie. Smiley Happy

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
112 of 212

Janice Joplin though. She was such a great singer - all those 27- year olds -  what is it with ultimate burn out at this age?

@Mary

Patty Hearst's kidnapper - coo-er! (as they say in Brit English). Last Sunday I had lunch with a couple I had never met. They casually let it drop that they had been quite close friends with a murderer.

My little sheltered life - of course murderers can have friends, even if, in grisly fashion, they topped their hubby or their hubby's lover - or both.

Makes one think . . .

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
113 of 212

@Nichola.  She actually came to our last high school reunion, which took a lot of courage.  She was exactly the same as she had been in high school.  I guess two prison terms taught her something.  She's also very successful, having taught herself programming while in solitary confinement for three years....

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
114 of 212

Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiippppppppppppppppppppppie---I like it!  I like it!  In the 70's I was in high school and college and was a hippie as much as I could be.  But, I was also concerned about my education so...

Community Guru
115 of 212

Mary, from the photos I didn't think you were; but you could have been an Honorary one.  Smiley Happy

Community Guru
116 of 212

Ravindra stated:

@Pat M wrote:

Hey Man, Groovy!!!  (Looks somewhat like Janis Joplin)

It is Janis Joplin and her 1964 hand-painted Porsche Cabriolet. Smiley Happy

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well then no wonder it looked like her lol-DUH to me.  Woman LOL

Community Guru
117 of 212

Woodstock_August_1969.jpg

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
118 of 212

Joints.jpg

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru