🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Hiring community members: Upwork circumventio...
Page options
versailles
Community Member

Hiring community members: Upwork circumvention or not?

I've hired other community members, three of them actually. I've done the hirings through Upwork with my client account. Now I'm wondering if Upwork would have considered it circumvention if I have hired them off-platform?

This is rather a theorical question since I've already done all the hiring I needed through Upwork, but I would love to know the answer in case a different need arises in the future.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rene,

In the scenario you mentioned you're still obligated by Upwork ToS to hire the freelancers on Upwork since you found them through the platform. Hiring them off-Upwork would be considered circumvention.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
resultsassoc
Community Member

I understand that both client and freelancer are obligated to contract and pay through Upwork for two years from the date of first contract.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rene,

In the scenario you mentioned you're still obligated by Upwork ToS to hire the freelancers on Upwork since you found them through the platform. Hiring them off-Upwork would be considered circumvention.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
design_ny
Community Member

Hi, how are you? I just signed up as a new member looking for freelance work but I am aslo looking to hire a member to update my webpage. I've found someone I'd like to work with. Any idea how to reach out to that member? Is there a member-member hiring feature? I couldn't find any button to contact him. Advice much appreciated, thank you!

Marie:
it is easy to contact members.

If you want to contact a participant in the Community Forum, then just click on their profile photo or name and send them a Private Message.

If you want to hire a freelancer, then just create a job posting and send them an invite.

Marie, I believe you will need to add a client account to your freelancer account.  It isn't a separate account, just an adjunct that will allow you to hire.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths