🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Holy cow, the dearth of offers has ended
Page options
cdstallcup
Community Member

Holy cow, the dearth of offers has ended

Not only has the slow-down from the holiday ended, it seems everyone is trying to make up for lost time. I've had to set my availability to "not available till 2/1" and I think it may end up longer than that. A good problem to have. I'm raising my rates .... 

How about other freelancers?

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

@Denise S wrote:

How about other freelancers?

I've been  drowning in work since just before Christmas. No end in sight, will continue to be drowning until at least the end of February. I vote for 34 hour days.

I've had a busy couple of weeks after the holidays, bring it on I love being busy.

@Vonda S wrote:

I've had a busy couple of weeks after the holidays

There is a God.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Rene, I was beginning to lose hope., but one day I got several invites.  I like being busy.

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Business is booming for me, too, since early November. It's a darned good thing,after such a dead-still Q3 last year. And an off-UW client that kept me busy full-time for several years, several years ago, has reappeared and we will likely drum up some work together this year. So, overall, 2018 is off to a very promising start!

First quarter, all new budgets are set. super busy.... Best time of the year.

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

I dunno.  It's pretty slow for me right now.  Glad everyone else is busy!

No work last week, this week people I've worked for in the past keep asking me whether I can this or that job for them. Of course I can! And I've been setting my profile for "non available". Rather nice!

sivavranagaro
Community Member

Lucky you,

I experienced this the previous week, around New Year. I don't think that has anything to do with holidays.

It's the algorithm.