🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » How Many Monitors Do You Have?
Page options
chrstnkylevlsqz
Community Member

How Many Monitors Do You Have?

When I started freelancing, I noticed that one monitor isn't enough so I added one monitor to help and eventually I found another client so I added another monitor to help and that makes me have 3 monitors... 😂

14 REPLIES 14
deparagon
Community Member

It is likely that you are designer.  And most likely you do not move around and you have 24hrs electricity.  

emily_jordan
Community Member

2! I am an admin assistant. Once you get calendars, reports, and that phone going - the 2nd screen is really nice!

voiceovervandeen
Community Member

4, + a tablet.

3 on the main studio PC. - 2 at the editing/mixing desk, plus one in the booth which is a mirror of the right desk screen & used for displaying my script.
1 on a seperate laptop which handles e-mails/accounts & is a backup standby PC for editing & recording if required.
The tablet is used in the booth for live directed client sessions, or for music & YouTube when working.

df602768
Community Member

1 is more than enough for me. 

catsie42
Community Member

One does not feel like enough sometimes. I have access to four monitors at my school, but I definitely want a second one one day for freelance work at home.

juwel121
Community Member

One and it's okay for me.. 🙂

c1c9191c
Community Member

I have one but I am planning to buy one more. My job is interior design so I need many programs, websites and documents open at a time. It depends really on the job you are doing and the level of comfort you want to get.

virtualbrix
Community Member

I have 4 also + tablet + a phone : ) and my head hurts thinking about it 😋

6bfcdaf8
Community Member

16 inch laptop + 2 screens (6k and 4k) and an ipad. Thinking about replacing 4k with another 6k. You don't need expensive or extensive equipment to become a successful freelancer though. They just bring convenience if you like more screen estate

slavev
Community Member

I've worked with 3 and the past and felt like a productivity machine! Until one point in which it was actually distracting me a lot and I was losing track to what is where. 

Now I'm back with 2. 

Definetely a second monitor is like doubleing your performance. A third one - not that much. But if in the right scenario, it can boost your productivity a lot as well.

stencil_media
Community Member

One 27" Asus ProArt 4K HDR, one 16" laptop 4K and an iPad Air 4th gen. I also have another 27" 4K Asus but it's in the box right now, I need a bigger desk to fit everything on! Maybe I'll get it out and try and set it up tomorrow, move a few things around. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
bwest_design
Community Member

My normal setup is a Surface Pro connected to an external monitor. I sometimes use the Surface by itself, and I also have an older laptop with a larger screen that I use on occasion. I've never tried more than two screens simultaneously, but it can definitely come in handy having at least that many. 

asvindra
Community Member

I have one monitor.

akhter_faharia
Community Member

I have one PC and one Laptop. 

But I can barely touch my laptop. Mostly I work on my pc.😀

Latest Articles
Learning Paths