🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » How about a feature to set office hours on ou...
Page options
solangebas2013
Community Member

How about a feature to set office hours on our profiles :)

Hi!

I have been in Upwork for some years now and I would love to be able to 1) Display working (office) hours on my profile 2) Set up an automatic reply for the weekends. My clients of course know what my hours and availability are, but I think this would be super useful with prospects and also would also help scare away people who think we're all desperate and therefore available 24/7.

Would any other freelancer find this useful? Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
2a05aa63
Community Member

Might be useful for some people, but I think more freelancers are working without a fixed schedule. For weekend emails, better hire an assistant. Nothing worse than receiving automated emails.

a_lipsey
Community Member

I actually would find it somewhat useful, just to let them know that I don't work weekends and I work a fairly standard office schedule. But honestly it wouldn't change how I do anything. I simply ignore invites and messages until I'm back "in the office". If they expect me to answer them, a stranger, in 5 minutes of first seeing my profile, then that's not a client I want anyways.
petra_r
Community Member

Solange B wrote:

Set up an automatic reply for the weekends. 

You can set up an auto-responder in messages.

out of office.png

out of office 2.png

Why can't I find this out of office function? I don;t seem to have any options under messages,

Hi Nikki,

You should be able to click the gear icon on the top left of your Upwork Messages screen and select "Out-of-Office Responder" in the drop-down menu. Once on the "Out-of-Office Responder" page, toggle the responder on, and set your away message and the start/end dates.

If you still need help please let us know!
~Andrea
Upwork
lopezdp
Community Member

I would absolutely love it and find it useful in helping to take clients from people who display their status as CLOSED or OUT OF OFFICE. 

When you sleep, Im working.

When you're on vacation, Im taking your clients.

Welcome to the Jungle.

I love UpWork and the FreeMarket.

Im open for business 24/7.

David L wrote:

I would absolutely love it and find it useful in helping to take clients from people who display their status as CLOSED or OUT OF OFFICE. 

When you sleep, Im working.

When you're on vacation, Im taking your clients.

Welcome to the Jungle.

I love UpWork and the FreeMarket.

Im open for business 24/7.

Re. prospective clients who require rapid response to their cold call on a weekend, you are welcome to all of them. 

And this is why I stay busy. I hope people who are complaining about not getting enough jobs on UpWprk find my post here. I hope this helps others understand the mindset it takes to get work on this platform.

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

I would find this useful at times. If they could implement it without breaking something else; and if they could get it done without diverting resources from fixing things that are more important (to me), then it would be great. Otherwise, I'd as soon work around it by simply not responding when I'm not available and then training each client to have appropriate expectations about my availability and responsivness.

Is it also possible to integrate something like this? 

https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/pst-to-thailand-bangkok

kinector
Community Member

I don't know if this would make any difference.

Anyway, I am available for my clients any time between my morning coconut time and my evening coconut time. Also, between my evening coconut time and the next morning coconut time.

Any change in the system would not really make a big difference to me. 😜:desert_island:😎
Latest Articles
Learning Paths