🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » How did you handle your first 4 star rating?
Page options
heatherfugate
Community Member

How did you handle your first 4 star rating?

So I just got my first 4.40 star rating and it kind of bums me out. How do you handle difficult clients and doing everything they ask at all hours for 4 stars? I know it isn't really a bad score but it just threw me off. Any advice on how you deal with ratings and not letting it bother you would be great. 🙂

45 REPLIES 45

lol yes well I totally agree with that - I do wonder though if having some reviews would benefit my first-glance profile. I mean my # of hours and $ earnings NOW set a standard, but they're just text not all green, starry, and in your face.

marinamachado
Community Member

We have no control over the client's thoughts. Some of them have no idea how the stars impact our work.

I always ask them to review the feedback, but only once. Other than that, just let it go. 

I've been a Top rated freelancer since 2018, and believe me, I've seen it all. It does not worth your time and energy. 

williamtcooper
Community Member

Learn which clients to work with from the experience, learn how you could have done a better job, and then don't worry about it because all 5 Stars can almost look fake.

angelaclarkvo
Community Member

I know it stinks especially when you've worked hard to satisfy your client, but it does happen sometimes.  Just take a deep breath and let it go.  If you are happy with what you delivered, then take comfort in that, move on to your next client, and try not to dwell on the one negative person you worked with.  Developing a thick skin is also part of our business.  Don't stress too much 🙂  You'll be ok 🙂

a8c9dd4f
Community Member

😁

15dd6d87
Community Member

My experience with this is that I didn't get a single star for my first job, although I did a good job and was paid. I worked two nights and a day and accepted 8 revisions of the project, but apparently the client is not interested in evaluation.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths