cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you make new friends?

Ace Contributor
Aziz U Member Since: Oct 30, 2018
1 of 6

So yea...how do you make new friends? I mean generally as adults and also as freelancers... I assume quite a few of us do this full time, work from home, and so we have pretty much no physcial social network; and now with this covid thingy looming over our heards, it's pretty much impossible. 

Personally, for me:

• Travelling (but friendships you make are pretty short lived as you drift apart after a while)
  • Going to meetups for hobbies that I have (but with covid next to impossible)
  • Learning new languages (made some really good friends this way)

Curious what you guys do to meet new people.

Muhammad F Member Since: Dec 4, 2020
2 of 6

For now, I don't bother trying to make new friends because I am a student and a freelancer so I get friends from classes or hostel. we always hang out together or study together so don't have to try to make new friends, I just get them without even trying Smiley Very Happy

Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
3 of 6

I'm quite an introvert and quite happy to be on my own.

When I do start going a bit stir-crazy and feel the need for more human company, I have a small group of friends I can arrange for a few pints with. I like it that way and am in no hurry to make new friends (they are often more hassle than they're worth). When I do meet a new person, they're usually the friend of another of my friends. 

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
4 of 6

Get a dog - a smoochy sort of pooch - works every time. 

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
5 of 6

I have started having long telephone conversations with childhood friends that I haven't seen for years.  We share so much and at our age we love talking about the distant past as well as the current times.  I always hang up with a huge smile on my face.

Abah O Member Since: Jan 15, 2021
6 of 6
If we can do as you've said as early as we can.....Life would be more memorable and worth looking forward to.

The world is becoming more individualistic than communal....A reason why we are having more case of depression in the world
🌹 Greetings from this plain
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS