🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: How do you unplug?
Page options
holly79
Community Member

How do you unplug?

Freelancing, although extrememly freeing - as given my work addiction a new look.

How do you unplug?

Anyone know of a good (maybe funny) mini series? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
donfak
Community Member

Outdoor activities away from screens.

I do biking a lot. 🚴‍:female_sign:

Also, trying to stop work by 6 pm every day and NOT working on weekends at all!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
lysis10
Community Member

Holly M wrote:

Freelancing, although extrememly freeing - as given my work addiction a new look.

How do you unplug?

Anyone know of a good (maybe funny) mini series? 

Funny binge will always be Family Guy. 

Netflix Queen's Gambit -- awesome

HBO Max The Undoing. Kinda disappointed in the ending tbh.

HBO Max - Raised by Wolves. AMAZING. I'm not a sci fi person but omg it's so good.

Netflix - Ottoman Thing...Fall of Constantine I think it's name? If you are into documentaries, Netflix is great with them. The Roman Empire is good too.

If you like funny trash TV Love After Lockup and 90 Day Fiance. omg so funny. Total trash TV though.

Gaming.

Lot's of gaming. Mostly strategy games but not all. 
Also, now I have a VR set - VR gaming.

I also make sure to switch off completely at weekends. No work at all other than the occasional email.
And pubs.
And booze. 

Jamie F wrote:

Gaming.

I also make sure to switch off completely at weekends. No work at all other than the occasional email.
And pubs.
And booze. 

How do you like VR? I'm interested but not sure if I would be into it. Steam has their annual sale right now and I just dumped $200 on discounted games I won't be able to play for years to come at this point lol

I think my next game will be the new Zelda Calamity game on Switch.

Jennifer M wrote:

Jamie F wrote:

Gaming.

And pubs.
And booze. 

How do you like VR? I'm interested but not sure if I would be into it.

I'm really enjoying it. It's better than I thought it would be - and I was already expecting something awesome. It's addictive and I've been playing pretty much every chance I get since I got it. 

The exercise factor is great as well. Again, the exercise games are addictive meaning I want to keep playing no matter how much I'm already hurting (and I've been hurting a lot). 

It's ideal for somebody like me who's only other form of exercise is going to the fridge and back. And it's just LOADS of fun.

I need to pick up a game. It will probably help with my focus in the long run. I put them down for months at a time and then get back into them long enough to remind my kids I can still kick their butts. 

holly79
Community Member

I finished the Queen's Gambit and loved it!

And thank you for the rest of your recommendations! I will take a good documentary any day of the week. But also I've been eyeing that love after lock up one. And you've sold me on raised by wolves, that one will be next.

donfak
Community Member

Outdoor activities away from screens.

I do biking a lot. 🚴‍:female_sign:

Also, trying to stop work by 6 pm every day and NOT working on weekends at all!

holly79
Community Member

Thanks for reminding me that there is a quitting time. I haven't been as active as usual due to a hurt shoulder, but I played fetch with the dog the last two days and fed the birds. It helped. Thanks.

amarmababa
Community Member

Planning to establish my own ecommer channel over the work. You are wellcome on you own city.

marcyscreed
Community Member

Mobile games. Binge watching - series or even just videos on YouTube or Facebook. 

Not sure if you're into stand up comedy but there's short ones on YT or Netflix if you can stretch watching for an hour or so. 

I love to watch standup before bed! But I feel like I've seen all of them, plus I am impatient for current satitire. I will look more on Youtube though, I didn't even think of that for show options. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths