🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » How does a salaried position work on Upwork
Page options
colettelewis
Community Member

How does a salaried position work on Upwork

I've just seen a job (erroneously in my job feed) that is offering a salary and all the benefits with it - healthcare, holidays, sick leave etc. How does this square with Upwork. The salary OK, but what about the benefits? 

Although the offer reads disastrously like them, it doesn't seem to be one of those scam jobs, as the client already has $40,000 on the clock. 

This is just out of interest. 

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

@Nichola L wrote:

I've just seen a job (erroneously in my job feed) that is offering a salary and all the benefits with it - healthcare, holidays, sick leave etc. How does this square with Upwork. The salary OK, but what about the benefits? 

Although the offer reads disastrously like them, it doesn't seem to be one of those scam jobs, as the client already has $40,000 on the clock.

Essentially it is "payrolled" (employment vs. freelancing) the client employs you through one of Upwork's partners (which then act as your employer locally)

My main contract is on that basis, and yes, it comes with all the benefits customary for the country the employee lives in (holidays, vacation, sick pay, social security etc, and is taxed at source)

Thanks Petra,

I think I shall go back to it and read it more carefully!! 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths