🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » How is it fair to get a top UP-VOTE listing f...
Page options
2297e2bc
Community Member

How is it fair to get a top UP-VOTE listing flooding the community , telling one line jokes?

This seems totally bogus.

While I get that the Coffee Break - Joke and Fun Fact pages are needed for mental health,

why is it worth a TOP RATING against those of us answering legitimate questions.

The jokes are probably  copy-paste from somone elses web page too!  [Plagerizm]

To me this is GAMING THE SYSTEM to earn badges and be noticed!

See image.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tjmisny
Community Member

It really doesn't matter David.  Let him (and others) waste their time pursuing the meaningless badges if that's how they want to spend their time.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tjmisny
Community Member

It really doesn't matter David.  Let him (and others) waste their time pursuing the meaningless badges if that's how they want to spend their time.  

2297e2bc
Community Member

Thomas,

Alway words of wisdom!

Thanks

249f4510
Community Member

David I'm on this forum for 1 month and I got almost 10 spamms upvotes on almost each post I did from one of the "top upvoting guys" (to not say from the very first) in the "featuring" list whenever you enter a page (the right hand list next to the post pages).

He just spamms the upvote button ... so I get 10s of notifications ... I'm guessing this "trick" counts ?

But this is not the question the question is, how old are you guyz ??? seriously? hacking the system for ... virtual badges ? are you like 12yo ? - talking to the ... LEGENDARY upvoting guys out there ...

One might think what would be the benefit to post for free making content for a platform you already pay to use and work on? - well being in top 4 in that same list might be very usefull when your business involves consulting your clients into writing upwork cover letters ... so see, David, is not the laughter from those copy-pasted jokes that makes money .... but the copy-pasting itself 😏

It took me, like what ? one month to figure most of the "tricks" here ?

One question would be why, when searching upwork on google maps we have like 5 office addresses with no office photos, meet the team ... etc? hmm ... I wonder why ... or do I?

🤔

Vlad,

Thanks for the extended version. While it is a bit disjointed, I recieved you loud and clear.

You see, you hit the nail on the head. WHY is it so importnt for these people to waste time and effort?

It could be better spent makin PROPOSALS or actually HELPING someone with a valid question.

You get an Upvote just to be nice!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths