🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » How long does it take to start the engine?
Page options
manolo_bossi
Community Member

How long does it take to start the engine?

Hi everyone, I'm in front of a coffee!

I will glad to have some of your opinion on the platform by the Freelancers!
My experience after my first month here is a single interview closed immediately for violation of Terms of Service by a client who just wanted to chat on whatsapp, repeatedly asking me "are you the product designer?" ... going on for 10 days with this useless waste of time. I guess I don't have to be discouraged and so I will.
I would just like to ask you to tell me about your experiences to understand how to make my proposal more effective to reach the goals. I also participated in the creation of the "Early Access Program for Project Catalog" proposed by the platform, hope they spread it soon.
What do you think about it?

Thanks for your time, I know it's precious.

In bocca al lupo !!
(Good luck !!)

Manolo B.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Manolo B wrote:

Dear Martina,
Thanks for your advice. You made me think about the word "value".
I will change my wording.

I like how you did that! Very elegant. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Manolo B wrote:

Hi everyone, I'm in front of a coffee!

I will glad to have some of your opinion on the platform by the Freelancers!
My experience after my first month here is a single interview closed immediately for violation of Terms of Service by a client who just wanted to chat on whatsapp, repeatedly asking me "are you the product designer?" ... going on for 10 days with this useless waste of time. I guess I don't have to be discouraged and so I will.
I would just like to ask you to tell me about your experiences to understand how to make my proposal more effective to reach the goals. I also participated in the creation of the "Early Access Program for Project Catalog" proposed by the platform, hope they spread it soon.
What do you think about it?

Thanks for your time, I know it's precious.

In bocca al lupo !!
(Good luck !!)

Manolo B.

There is no typical anything on upwork. It all depends on your skills, your presentation, your competition, and luck in finding the right projects at the right time. The projects that would be fitting for you are probably not that frequent. 

Your profile looks good, I would maybe revise this wording: 

Creativity *first* -

Problem solving *second* -

Professionalism and Competence *third*

I know what you are trying to say, but to me it looks a little weird, as if professionalism and competence are not one of your core values. It would probably best not trying to rank things that are or equal importance. 

Dear Martina,

Manolo B wrote:

Dear Martina,

I like how you did that! Very elegant. 

lysis10
Community Member

I'm in front of a coffee!

This is a dangerous thing if you aren't finished the coffee.

I agreed to take a phone call before noon on Monday and it's gonna be an interesting convo since it will be too early for me to think. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths