🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » How many hours do you work?
Page options
akhter_faharia
Community Member

How many hours do you work?

If I have to answer this-

I was working too much at the begging of my freelancing career. But then I reduce my working hours and try to take rest and sleep. Though I won't be able to sleep more than 6 hours.

I still have to work, right?

What do you think? Let me know in the comments!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
fd1f5d9a
Community Member

Between 15-25 on 3 projects, they are all scheduled and hourly pay projects. The rest of my time I fill it with a project that pays commission-only. 

I hope you find time to enjoy life too! 😄

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
fd1f5d9a
Community Member

Between 15-25 on 3 projects, they are all scheduled and hourly pay projects. The rest of my time I fill it with a project that pays commission-only. 

I hope you find time to enjoy life too! 😄

Because I just started freelancing from the past few months, I spend almost my entire time on doing work as practices, because I prefer to build long term relationships with my clients through my work, so I would like to gain more specialization.

Nice to hear that Boomie!

stencil_media
Community Member

I was working about 60 hours a week when I started, now it's probably closer to about 60 a month. I'm in the rare position wherebtrying to achieve a better work life balance means me attempting to work more!

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)

Well said, Scott!

bwest_design
Community Member

I currently aim for around 20-30 hours per week, although I'd say this year I've tended to stay closer to the lower end of that range. And of course some weeks may be a little busier and others less so. Work/life balance is definitely important, so you've gotta find what works best for you when it comes to all your goals!

Yeah! I'm also trying to balance it.

Because we should enjoy life as well, right?

Exactly!

spxpert
Community Member

The only reason I opted for freelancing is to have control over when I want to work,  what I want to work, and how I want to spend time.  For me, some weeks 20-30 other weeks not so much.  If I am working on some excellent project I don't mind putting in more effort (it doesn't really feel like working when you are enjoying the challenge).

The top priority is to feel great about how you are spending your life.   10-20 years down the line we should be looking back at this time and feeling satisfied (that's the biggest thing you can achieve as human)

Latest Articles
Learning Paths