cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cope with anger and not to ** anyone

Community Guru
Aleksandr S Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
1 of 34

I live in a block of flats. Some time ago I noticed someone smokes at the staircase. It's kind of prohibited, but we rarely use the staircase and the smoke and the smell quickly dissipates, so it does not trouble me. The real problem is that these morons litter. They throw cigarette butts and used matches on the floor, they leave empty bottles of **bleep** they drink.

I met them a couple of times and asked them politely not to do so. That was my biggest mistake: when someone litters and does not understand that it's no good, they won't understand words. Calling the police is kind of a solution, but I need to make a photo of them smoking and not let them walk away until the police is coming. Gonna still try to do so.

Yesterday night I met them and told not to smoke and litter. This morning the staircase was full of cigarette ends. Looks like they did this intentionally to make me angry. They made it, because now I want to hurt them. Unfortunately, no effective legal way exists against them.

Also going to yell at them to frighten them. I hope they think I'm a total idiot and better not to mess with me and they'll stop smoking. Going to throw water from a bucket at them.

Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 34

Aren't there lockdown restrictions in Russia? If there are, then I think you would be justified in calling the police - cigarettes aside. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
3 of 34

Yes, there are restrictions here. If I'm going to threaten them with the police, I will have to call if they ignore my words again (which is likely to happen). And the problem with the police is that the moment they come cannot be predicted. If they see noone, they will just leave. If I call multiple times and they won't encounter anyone, I may get a fine for a fake call. So I will have to stay with those guys and not let them leave for a half an hour or so.

Or I can make their photo smoking and then go to the police station and write a complaint. But I don't know where they live and it's kind of complicated to find this out.

I came up with another possible solution. I collected all their litter and going to hand it over to them (in a rude manner, that they definitely won't like).

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 34

Aleksandr S wrote:

Yes, there are restrictions here. If I'm going to threaten them with the police, I will have to call if they ignore my words again (which is likely to happen). And the problem with the police is that the moment they come cannot be predicted. If they see noone, they will just leave. If I call multiple times and they won't encounter anyone, I may get a fine for a fake call. So I will have to stay with those guys and not let them leave for a half an hour or so.

Or I can make their photo smoking and then go to the police station and write a complaint. But I don't know where they live and it's kind of complicated to find this out.

I came up with another possible solution. I collected all their litter and going to hand it over to them (in a rude manner, that they definitely won't like).

My friend got sent to Switzerland for work. He said while he was there someone called 911 (whatever it is there) because he saw some drunk guy drowning in the river. Apparently, the drunk guy made it to the other side and survived so the guy who called the paramedics was fined. lol 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 34

You can try a charm offensive.

Highlighted
Community Guru
6 of 34

I tried to talk to them as much as my oratory allowed it. The last time I talked to them I saw a glimpse of a smile on a girl's face: she is young, stupid and thinks I'm a **Edited for Community Guidelines** that tells them what to do. I guess they belong to such kind of people who will only understand when they fought back with force or with fines.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
7 of 34

Hi Aleksandr,

I understand where you're coming from. While I'm not aware of a foolproof solution for problems of this nature, I found it's always best to get as less emotionally involved as possible, especially now when stress levels are generally higher than usual. Hope you find a way to resolve the issue.

Not sure if you have Stop Ham activists in your area Smiley Happy.

Highlighted
Community Guru
8 of 34

I was trying to translate Stop Ham until I realized what you were talking about, haha. For non-Russian readers: it's an organization (Stop **Edited for Community Guidelines** ) that mostly fight with drivers who park their cars on sidewalks or other places where it's prohibited to park and when the police simply does nothing. They're not as active as were several years ago. And I guess it was all just for views on Youtube.

Thanks for the support. Trying to keep calm.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
9 of 34

You can first go to your local Police station and speak to cops. Depending whether it's a big station or not you may have cops assigned to your neighborhood. If you can talk to them they may respond to future calls more promptly.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
10 of 34

@versailles wrote:

You can first go to your local Police station and speak to cops. Depending whether it's a big station or not you may have cops assigned to your neighborhood. If you can talk to them they may respond to future calls more promptly.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Lol! I was going to suggest cutting up a large onion (and really sniffing up the fumes), to make him cry and cough and then going out of his apartment and say he was feeling really ill... 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS