🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: How to get clients.
Page options
abid_hafeez
Community Member

How to get clients.

Hi
I am good in graphic designing and communication but still I am having difficulty finding work. What coukd be the reason? Can somebody guide me pkease. Please check my sample work.
Thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

6 REPLIES 6
yeshel10
Community Member

Hi, Abid. I see you are relatively new to UpWork, like myself. Therefore, you will have to compete with people with stronger profiles for the jobs. Here are the things which I tried that helped.

1) Look for jobs with fewer proposals, the less the competition, the more your chances to get hired.

2) Don't copy/paste cover letters, rather communicate according to the job requirements.

3) Be very specific to your niche, and expertise. Offer them what you can truly deliver.

4) Show some enthusiasm. Clients love new freelancers, who are passionate about their work.

5) Lower your rates. I know it's annoying, but you have to make some sacrifices to build your UpWork profile.

I hope these tips are going to help you, Goodluck!

Hi
Thanks for the suggestions. Yes I know all these ppints and I do this all still having issue. Can you check my profile please to what of its ok. Thanks
0d19e500
Community Member

i am also having the same trouble but i recently found that i can make projects to let clients know more about my skills and knowledge , also i hope to get orders soon . let me know have you made projects ?

lysis10
Community Member

I can't speak for everyone, but I get clients by bidding on Upwork.

Abid,

First, forget everything anyone ever said about sales. Ask questions. That demonstrates interest in the client and his venture. And questions invite answers, so suddenly you're in a dialog, which is where good work is won.

I never toot my own horn. The questions I ask imply that I know what I'm doing. I give over maybe two sentences near the end to myself. For my first ten years I won 75% of the work to which I applied that was ever actually awarded. I told clients what their responsibilities were, what they would get, that I refused to use a time clock, and demanded we explore a fit before I would accept work.

Arrogant? No, standard practice in my industry. DO NOT LOWER YOUR RATES. The client will assume you are bidding your standard rate, and will ask for a discount on the next one because now he's an established customer. What then? I have never rejected a response because it was too expensive. I have rejected many responses that I believed were underpriced. If you don't think  you're worth very much, why should I argue?

Install Grammarly on your browser so you can get automated suggestions for improving your communications.

Ps: if both of your comments here have spelling mistakes, I assume your proposals have them too.
Latest Articles
Learning Paths