🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: How to have passion to make more projects...
Page options
0d19e500
Community Member

How to have passion to make more projects ?

I am new to Upwork platform and made 3 projects that recently didn't get any orders from clients .

so please share your experience with me when you first enter that platform ! 

had you more passion to continue searching for jobs and making projects to attract clients ?

how was your journey on Upwork ?

9 REPLIES 9
lysis10
Community Member

This is basically me among my loser competitors. 

INSTAGRAM_50cent-ja-rule_291018_1120

jr-translation
Community Member

I send a proposal and was hired 15 minutes later.

astepanov83
Community Member

I don't know, what to do with my connects.

I did not follow the changes with connects on Upwork and one day I ended up having 120 of them.

Once, I applied to a job, and it took 2 connects.

Recently, I got 10 free conntects, and now I have 128 of them.

A bit offtopic, sorry. Just could not find the right place to post my fascinating story.

kinector
Community Member

I got my first couple of projects on Elance maybe half a year before Upwork came about. So, basically, Upwork came to me and I've been Top Rated & bombarded by invitations ever since.

Still, I see this platform offering a very quick rise to the top of the food chain for people who know their clientele, have a carefully-chosen niche, and are good at making genuine contact online in general.

Searching for the jobs... Not really in 5 years.

The best jobs seem to be searching for the best freelancers. That's where you want to be. Fighting with every other freelancer for small gigs would be not only frustrating but also not very good business. It's about positioning yourself correctly.

lysis10
Community Member

I want a Top Rated Plus Plus. Too many noobs cramping my style.

a_lipsey
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

I'd like them to Expert Vet my field, but I don't trust anyone freelancer on Upwork to be more of an expert than me...and none of my client would be paying for the membership to see EV, so it's pointless. 

I'm TR+ but it only means I had a big contract. Whoopee...

OP, 

Passion dies, unfortunately, with familiarity. Upwork needs to feed its clients (not its freelancers) with those little blue pills - you know the ones I mean? 

Smiley Wink

lysis10
Community Member

Amanda L wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

I'd like them to Expert Vet my field, but I don't trust anyone freelancer on Upwork to be more of an expert than me...and none of my client would be paying for the membership to see EV, so it's pointless. 

That's right, we're the experts. Who will expert vet the experts? Let's lobby for Top Rated Plus Plus, Expert Vetted Expert,  Expert Veteran, Vetted Expert Expert, Over the Top Rated, Pluse Top Rated.

Load me up, Upwork.

a_lipsey
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

Amanda L wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

That's right, we're the experts. Who will expert vet the experts? Let's lobby for Top Rated Plus Plus, Expert Vetted Expert,  Expert Veteran, Vetted Expert Expert, Over the Top Rated, Pluse Top Rated.

Load me up, Upwork.

Ug, I can't say what I want to say. So just imagine what I wanted to say. 😛

Latest Articles
Learning Paths