Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make social media transcripts.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
1 of 3

For visa purposes, I need to make a record of all written conversation on Skype and the Chinese version of facebook, qq. Because the combined message histories run to 100's of pages, I am going to have a very boring day ahead of me. Does anyone know any way of replicating them other than copying the information page-by-page into a word document? Any suggestions will be welcome,

Many thanks.

P.S I can't advertise this as a job, some of it is personal, so I really need to do this myself.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
2 of 3

Ramon, I am not familiar with QQ so I can't help you with that one, but Skype does store chats locally on your computer, so you could copy the relevant parts from your main.db file. See this for more detail (assuming you're on a Windows machine). You'll need a SQLite browser to open the file. Good luck

PS: Are you applying for a visa in North K. or why do you need to print your chat history?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
3 of 3

Thanks, qq was the hard one anyway. No, not North Korea, a visa TO the United Kingdom: North Korea might actually be less stringent!

Many thanks,

Ramon

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS