🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Humans wouldn’t exist if dinosaur-ending aste...
Page options
ravi_iitian
Community Member

Humans wouldn’t exist if dinosaur-ending asteroid hadn’t struck where it did

“The catastrophic asteroid impact that wiped out the dinosaurs 66 million years ago may not have been so devastating had it hit almost anywhere else on earth. It means dinosaurs could still rule the earth and humans may never have evolved at all.”

https://www.rt.com/news/409463-asteroid-dinosaurs-unlucky-extinct/

"Certa bonum certamen"
7 REPLIES 7
riacruz09
Community Member

That's true. Maybe we're the inhabitants in that asteriod. XD

renata101
Community Member

@Ravindra B wrote:

“The catastrophic asteroid impact that wiped out the dinosaurs 66 million years ago may not have been so devastating had it hit almost anywhere else on earth. It means dinosaurs could still rule the earth and humans may never have evolved at all.”

https://www.rt.com/news/409463-asteroid-dinosaurs-unlucky-extinct/

@Ravi   You're claiming they evolved full stop? I say there's a streamlined frontal cortex on a fairly reptilian cerebral chassis. Yeah, it goes some places faster but it usually ends up in the same territory much of the time. That's how history repeats itself, dinosaurs or no.

@ Renata “Still rule the earth” has more than one interpretation. Smiley Happy

"Certa bonum certamen"
maryam-nasrullah
Community Member

Evolution is still a theory! Never proven!

@Maryam N wrote:

True. The existence of God (one or many) hasn't been proven, either.Smiley Happy

"Certa bonum certamen"

Well, If you ask based on my personal experience it has been proven many times. 

But It's almost impossible to find a conclusion between religion and science, faith, and reason. I suspect that no amount of clever verbal exchange will do anything to convince anyone either way. 

@Maryam N wrote:

The single most important thing that sets theories apart from hypotheses is that theories make predictions, and in the case of the theory of evolution, many of its predictions have turned out to be accurate. 

However, if it turns out that the theory of evolution cannot be proven for whatever reason, what would you propose in its place? 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths