🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Hurricane Florence: Mass evacuation from 'sto...
Page options
ravi_iitian
Community Member

Hurricane Florence: Mass evacuation from 'storm of a lifetime'

“Forecasters say the storm poses such a threat because it is expected to slow down and hover for nearly three days over the Carolina coast, before dipping south towards Georgia.”

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45499234

"Certa bonum certamen"
50 REPLIES 50

Mary, that sure doesn't sound like paradise to me.  Smiley Frustrated

Pat, you learn pretty quick to avoid them.  Occasionally, I'll get a bite on a toe and ice and Bendryl take care of it.

Up until 3 months ago I was on the verge of travelling to NC and would have been there last week and this week for the World Equestrian Games in Tryon.

Glad I changed my mind.

@Petra R wrote:

Up until 3 months ago I was on the verge of travelling to NC and would have been there last week and this week for the World Equestrian Games in Tryon.

Glad I changed my mind.

Petra, I'm confident you're very thankful you didn't go.  My heart especially goes out to those that actually live in the negatively impacted areas.  

The interesting thing about the aftermath of a terrible disaster is that you learn what  you are truly made of.

@Mary W wrote:

The interesting thing about the aftermath of a terrible disaster is that you learn what  you are truly made of.

That's the positive flipside (if you can call it that without sounding callous) of adversity. If shows you how strong you are when there is no choice. 

Pat, truth be told no, I am actually not glad. I wish I had gone, storm or no storm.

Fire ants, hurricanes, crocodiles, ... US is a beautiful country, but I'm just happy I don't live there.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

@Rene K wrote:

Fire ants, hurricanes, crocodiles, ... US is a beautiful country, but I'm just happy I don't live there.

Excessive cigarette smoke, French Parisians drivers, mimes ... France is a beautiful country, but I'm just happy I don't live there.

I stand corrected. 😄 

But I also have this every day:

credit: Alex Northcredit: Alex Northcredit: Alex Northcredit: Alex Northcredit: Alex Northcredit: Alex North

@Virginia F wrote:

Excessive cigarette smoke, French drivers, mimes ... France is a beautiful country, but I'm just happy I don't live there.

😄

French drivers? You mean Parisian drivers 🙂

And yes, we have a mime problem. 

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

I thought France had deported all their mimes to New Orleans.  Sure seems like it.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths