cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can sense the good upcoming days

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
11 of 13

IMO it appears that Upwork is more so listening to FLs and Clients recently.  If that's the case, hopefully it's a trend that will continue; especially listening to those of us that are experienced.

If they're not listening, that's unfortunate as there's much they could learn.  However, it is there business; as such of course they're free to operate it as they see fit.

FLs and Clients aren't trees; we're free to utilize any platform we prefer.  No platform is perfect; Upwork most certainly has challenges.  However, even with those challenges IMO Upwork is the best.

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
12 of 13

IF (yes, a big "if') U can get the bugs worked out this rollout is definitely an example of listening to users.

Buyers won't have to wade through a cesspool of garbage proposals.  FLer proposals won't be buried in that same morass.

IF the kinks can be worked out efficiently and the program work on a sustaining level - over time word will spread that U has improved and is now a platform from which to contract with true professionals.

End result: Better buyers. More competent FLers. More money all around.

PS @ Scott - my comment about 'morality' were not intended to be addressed to you. It was intended to apply to all those claiming "big mean U" in 2 very long threads.

Community Guru
Bill H Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
13 of 13

Sure, UW is listening to people. Just many more than clients and freelancers. Think investors. UW is adding and diversifying revenue streams, something it had to do. I just tried to add a new freelancer to my agency account, but I can't on a free account. That's understandable.

The nonsense of free connects is at an end. This is "unfair" to providers from the develolping world, as they may pay a day's wages for a pile of connects, while I'll spend five or six minutes' revenue. Life is unfair. There is no free lunch.UW must recover cost and make a profit; it's not a charity or social services agency.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS