🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » I don't own a lawnmower
Page options
bhcdesign
Community Member

I don't own a lawnmower

I've been hit up with two bids to do lawn care. I find this seriosuly amusing. I took the gigs.

I'm kidding. Don't even know how to start a lawnmower.

12 REPLIES 12
renata101
Community Member

Larry, I've been trying to suss this out because curiosity got the better of me. You don't even have the word grass anywhere in your porfolio. Maybe it was the Edible Garden t-shirt?

I wasn't aware that you could even do lawncare remotely.  Do you send out a drone with a mower attached? Where were the clients?

You're clearly unfamiliar with The Lawnmower Man, an early progenitor of modern Internet tech.

lawnmowerman.jpg

Got lawnmower....will travel. Wonder if the client is willing to pay the return airfare...for both me and said lawnmower?

@Irene B wrote:

Got lawnmower....will travel. Wonder if the client is willing to pay the return airfare...for both me and said lawnmower?

I've got a lawnmower in my garage, but I haven't got a lawn anymore. Anyone willing to send me a return ticket, Paris CDG to anywhere in the world? And please tell me how to get that lawnmower on the plane.

Of course, I'll mow that lawn with no extra charge. 

re: "I've got a lawnmower in my garage"

I know.

I just logged into it.

(By the way, you REALLY need to update its firmware.)

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry if this has inconvenienced you in any way, Larry. I will share your experience with the team so that freelancer search results, and matching can be improved.

~ Avery
Upwork

STILL no takes on my lawnmowing services??? Jeeezzzz.....Thought I could travel the world!

@Irene B wrote:

STILL no takes on my lawnmowing services??? Jeeezzzz.....Thought I could travel the world!

Irene, let's become partners. When the lawn to mow is in a part of the world you are not interested in, just give the job.

In exchange, I'll let you have any offers for lawns that are too close to where I live.

It's a deal, Luce! We might just be at the start of a very lucrative - traveling - venture! 

My partner and I are ready to start. Anytime, anywhere, there's no place too far for our lawnmowers. Please send your offers. By the way, I prefer to travel 1st class and with a safe company.

jefframlee
Community Member

That's pretty amusing.

I came across a client on here once - - he posted a job where he used a garden as a methaphor for his website.

So I reached out to him. Told him that I have brought my lawnmower, rake and I'm ready to rock.

Sadly, he never answered the door.

Larry, it's been a week, and I can't see any completed lawn mowing jobs on your profile yet. Are the jobs still in progress? They must be huge lawns!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths