cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I forgot my pet's name ...

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
1 of 23

Okay, so it's early and I haven't had my caffeine yet, so maybe this thread isn't as funny as I think - all I know is I laughed out loud, especially at Preston's suggestion of the pet's name. So even though the day is new, I'm nominating this as the funniest thread of the day.

With thanks to Preston and Mark:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/I-forgot-my-security-answer/td-p/629385

Vote early, Vote often.

Community Guru
Luce N Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
2 of 23

I love those silly "I forgot my wife's name" kind of posts. Really!

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
3 of 23

In the end he acted like he changed it.  I guess there are people who legitimately just answer things randomly.  I personally don't answer with the truth, I just use the same untruth all the time.

Community Guru
4 of 23

I was given a very good tip. Just choose a word you like to answer all the secret questions.

Here's an example:

Name of the town where you were born: Semolina

Your first pet's name: Semolina

Where you met your spouse: Semolina

What's your spouse's name: Semolina

And it goes on and on.

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
5 of 23
That is a good tip.
Community Guru
6 of 23

Mark F wrote:
That is a good tip.

I think so too, that's why I thought it would be nice to share it. And it makes me laugh when I use my secret word.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
7 of 23

Luce N wrote:

Mark F wrote:
That is a good tip.

I think so too, that's why I thought it would be nice to share it. And it makes me laugh when I use my secret word.

I am definitely going to do this.

It reminds me of an absurd game that we used to play as kids. It was played in turn and you had to answer "Under the bulldog's tail" to every question you were asked. The winner was the one who lasted the longest without smiling or laughing. It is actually quite difficult ... 

Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
8 of 23

I can recall the name of every Pet I ever had/have...

Spotty (I was five), Tramp (yes, from Lady and the Tramp because...), Lady (le kitty), Sniffles (dachshund mix), Hortense (dog of indiscriminate origin), Julie (water Spaniel), Rampies (cocker spaniel), Rhino (bullterrier), Dipstick - Ralph - Starlight (three Rhodesian ridgebacks), Tigerlilly - Grey - Shadow (kitties), Suzanna (aka Suzi the dachshund), Killer (the Yorkie with the huge attitude), Ella and Gypse (German Shepherds aka 'the girls'), Zoe and Clairabelle (basset hounds), and my grandchild doggy Chloe (miniature dappled dachshund). Please note that many of these were household family at the same time with numerous overlaps... Then there is an African Grey with a vocab. most seamen would give their left arm for, and two love birds. And let us not forget...the 4 hamsters, huge white rat...and snake. Hamsters and snake had short lifespans...and the snake...I just could NOT accept the snake...so he got a new home. Oh...and had hedgehogs as well....4 of them...of which one was pregnant when we got her. All babies went to loving homes (handpicked, excuse me..and there was only 4)...while the adult hedgehogs also eventually went to good homes. Turns out I (YES>>>ME)...was allergic to them. Now...let's get started on the fish.......... Yes, seriously. 

Please note the various fosters from over the years have not been mentioned,...I fostered 8 cats at the same time once...add that to the three we have and that meant mucho bucks on kitty litter.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
9 of 23

Irene B wrote:

Spotty (I was five), Tramp (yes, from Lady and the Tramp because...), Lady (le kitty), Sniffles (dachshund mix), Hortense (dog of indiscriminate origin), Julie (water Spaniel), Rampies (cocker spaniel), Rhino (bullterrier), Dipstick - Ralph - Starlight (three Rhodesian ridgebacks), Tigerlilly - Grey - Shadow (kitties), Suzanna (aka Suzi the dachshund), Killer (the Yorkie with the huge attitude), Ella and Gypse (German Shepherds aka 'the girls'), Zoe and Clairabelle (basset hounds), and my grandchild doggy Chloe (miniature dappled dachshund). Please note that many of these were household family at the same time with numerous overlaps... Then there is an African Grey with a vocab. most seamen would give their left arm for, and two love birds. And let us not forget...the 4 hamsters, huge white rat...and snake. Hamsters and snake had short lifespans...and the snake...I just could NOT accept the snake...so he got a new home. Oh...and had hedgehogs as well....4 of them...of which one was pregnant when we got her. All babies went to loving homes (handpicked, excuse me..and there was only 4)...while the adult hedgehogs also eventually went to good homes. Turns out I (YES>>>ME)...was allergic to them. Now...let's get started on the fish.......... Yes, seriously. 

Please note the various fosters from over the years have not been mentioned,...I fostered 8 cats at the same time once...add that to the three we have and that meant mucho bucks on kitty litter.

Jeez you were living in a zoo.

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
10 of 23

Irene B wrote:

Lol Irene ... I remember the names of all my pets, too (including fosters). Except for the many stray cats who came and went with a lot of frequency when I was little. They just showed up - or we got to pick from a neighbor's litter. I do remember one because he lasted the longest and I still have a photo of him sitting in the kitchen sink, hoping water would come out - Tippy.

Kitty litter - best place to get a good deal is on Amazon.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS