🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » I forgot my pet's name ...
Page options
mtngigi
Community Member

I forgot my pet's name ...

Okay, so it's early and I haven't had my caffeine yet, so maybe this thread isn't as funny as I think - all I know is I laughed out loud, especially at Preston's suggestion of the pet's name. So even though the day is new, I'm nominating this as the funniest thread of the day.

With thanks to Preston and Mark:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/I-forgot-my-security-answer/td-p/629385

Vote early, Vote often.

22 REPLIES 22
luce-neidert
Community Member

I love those silly "I forgot my wife's name" kind of posts. Really!

florydev
Community Member

In the end he acted like he changed it.  I guess there are people who legitimately just answer things randomly.  I personally don't answer with the truth, I just use the same untruth all the time.

I was given a very good tip. Just choose a word you like to answer all the secret questions.

Here's an example:

Name of the town where you were born: Semolina

Your first pet's name: Semolina

Where you met your spouse: Semolina

What's your spouse's name: Semolina

And it goes on and on.

That is a good tip.

Mark F wrote:
That is a good tip.

I think so too, that's why I thought it would be nice to share it. And it makes me laugh when I use my secret word.

Luce N wrote:

Mark F wrote:
That is a good tip.

I think so too, that's why I thought it would be nice to share it. And it makes me laugh when I use my secret word.

I am definitely going to do this.

It reminds me of an absurd game that we used to play as kids. It was played in turn and you had to answer "Under the bulldog's tail" to every question you were asked. The winner was the one who lasted the longest without smiling or laughing. It is actually quite difficult ... 

I can recall the name of every Pet I ever had/have...

Spotty (I was five), Tramp (yes, from Lady and the Tramp because...), Lady (le kitty), Sniffles (dachshund mix), Hortense (dog of indiscriminate origin), Julie (water Spaniel), Rampies (cocker spaniel), Rhino (bullterrier), Dipstick - Ralph - Starlight (three Rhodesian ridgebacks), Tigerlilly - Grey - Shadow (kitties), Suzanna (aka Suzi the dachshund), Killer (the Yorkie with the huge attitude), Ella and Gypse (German Shepherds aka 'the girls'), Zoe and Clairabelle (basset hounds), and my grandchild doggy Chloe (miniature dappled dachshund). Please note that many of these were household family at the same time with numerous overlaps... Then there is an African Grey with a vocab. most seamen would give their left arm for, and two love birds. And let us not forget...the 4 hamsters, huge white rat...and snake. Hamsters and snake had short lifespans...and the snake...I just could NOT accept the snake...so he got a new home. Oh...and had hedgehogs as well....4 of them...of which one was pregnant when we got her. All babies went to loving homes (handpicked, excuse me..and there was only 4)...while the adult hedgehogs also eventually went to good homes. Turns out I (YES>>>ME)...was allergic to them. Now...let's get started on the fish.......... Yes, seriously. 

Please note the various fosters from over the years have not been mentioned,...I fostered 8 cats at the same time once...add that to the three we have and that meant mucho bucks on kitty litter.

Irene B wrote:

Spotty (I was five), Tramp (yes, from Lady and the Tramp because...), Lady (le kitty), Sniffles (dachshund mix), Hortense (dog of indiscriminate origin), Julie (water Spaniel), Rampies (cocker spaniel), Rhino (bullterrier), Dipstick - Ralph - Starlight (three Rhodesian ridgebacks), Tigerlilly - Grey - Shadow (kitties), Suzanna (aka Suzi the dachshund), Killer (the Yorkie with the huge attitude), Ella and Gypse (German Shepherds aka 'the girls'), Zoe and Clairabelle (basset hounds), and my grandchild doggy Chloe (miniature dappled dachshund). Please note that many of these were household family at the same time with numerous overlaps... Then there is an African Grey with a vocab. most seamen would give their left arm for, and two love birds. And let us not forget...the 4 hamsters, huge white rat...and snake. Hamsters and snake had short lifespans...and the snake...I just could NOT accept the snake...so he got a new home. Oh...and had hedgehogs as well....4 of them...of which one was pregnant when we got her. All babies went to loving homes (handpicked, excuse me..and there was only 4)...while the adult hedgehogs also eventually went to good homes. Turns out I (YES>>>ME)...was allergic to them. Now...let's get started on the fish.......... Yes, seriously. 

Please note the various fosters from over the years have not been mentioned,...I fostered 8 cats at the same time once...add that to the three we have and that meant mucho bucks on kitty litter.

Jeez you were living in a zoo.

Irene B wrote:

Lol Irene ... I remember the names of all my pets, too (including fosters). Except for the many stray cats who came and went with a lot of frequency when I was little. They just showed up - or we got to pick from a neighbor's litter. I do remember one because he lasted the longest and I still have a photo of him sitting in the kitchen sink, hoping water would come out - Tippy.

Kitty litter - best place to get a good deal is on Amazon.

A zoo....lol. Only have 5 dogs, 3 cats, the parrot, and two lovebirds...the 6th dog (baby dachshund) is the daughter's...and I get to babysit her while my daughter's at work. The two bassets have sort of taken to 'mothering' her.

How do you deal with so many pets at the same time? I love pets, but except for the couple of hamsters and their 5 kits, I always had a pet at a time.

We had too many pets over the years for me to remember all their names. But then I have a problem remembering names in general.

However, this discussion reminded me of the crow that lived with us for a while.  We'd taken it in because it had a badly broken wing so it slept in a rabbit hutch at night and followed us about during the day. This is less irrelevant than it might sound because my son taught it to talk by refusing to feed it raisins soaked in water - which it would have died for - unless it said "thank you".  And after that, it rapidly learned some more words and phrases.

So although I can't remember its name, it's probably flying around South London introducing itself to this day. 

When I was a child - millennia ago - there was a tame crow in my town.  It talked.  It also flew to the grade school every afternoon and followed its "boy" home.

re: "When I was a child - millennia ago - there was a tame crow in my town. It talked. It also flew to the grade school every afternoon and followed its 'boy' home."

Apparently Mary grew up in either an Aesop's fable or a Grimm's fairy tale.

Preston H wrote:

re: "When I was a child - millennia ago - there was a tame crow in my town. It talked. It also flew to the grade school every afternoon and followed its 'boy' home."

Apparently Mary grew up in either an Aesop's fable or a Grimm's fairy tale.

Exactly! I bet the boy's walk home went through a forest ... a dark, scary forest...

Nope.  Just a suburb of Chicago (Hinsdale).

Luce,

"How do you deal with so many pets at the same time? I love pets, but except for the couple of hamsters and their 5 kits, I always had a pet at a time."

Well, they all arrived at different times. The two girls tend to be outside most of the time. This is not because they have to, but because they prefer it. Also, we have a very large yard and a swimming pool. They love swimming and tend to spend hours lazing in the water on the top step during the hot summers we have here. They tend to gravitate inside during the evening and lay on the floor in front of the tv...with each coming for her own bit of love and attention. These two are independent ladies and best friends. The two bassets tend to sleep most of the time, except when giving attention to the daughter's baby dachshund when she is here...they are quite strict in her upbringing and do not allow her to get into trouble...they know the ropes. Of course, they tend to tell me when they wat attention as well...which they do get. They also sleep on the couch next to me when I watch the telly...one on each side of me...and get their ears and backs massaged. Killer....well. He is not really a dog. He is my little boy, constant companion, shadow, and generally sits on my lap no matter where I am...and he sleeps in his own little bed right next to me. Walks are alternated...either the two girls or the two bassets. Killer tags along without a leash...he keeps close to my ankles because he is old and going blind and kinda uses me as his 'walking stick' the way a blind person uses their cane...and he listens. If I say stop...he stops. If I say walk, he walks. On busier streets, I pick him up and put him over my shoulder where he sits, happy as a lark. The cats...well...cats are amazing creatures. They are not pets. YOU are their hooman. They tell YOU what they want... Being older, my cats tend to be couch potatoes in general...they nudge me when THEY want attention. Of course, being cats, they also let you know ENOUGH! Slave! The lovebirds tend to keep to themselves...although they are quite tame...and then the parrot. What can I say about him? Besides the fact he swears like a trooper? Well...he has a humungous cage that JUST fits through the double doors to the outside. Although we bring him in at night, he spends most of his days outdoors. He loves it out there. His time for attention is also usually in the evenings when he gets out of his cage and scares the flaming *&^% out of the other pets who tend to walk wide circles around him. But then, we also keep a wary eye on him, just in case. We make sure the doors to the room he is in is closed ... in case of cats...not that said cats would lift a paw in his general direction because...well...once bitten twice shy...but you never know. Rather safe than sorry. All in all, you MAKE the time to give each one their own slice of attention. The dogs are one pack, a family, with a pecking order in place. Each one knows their place, and each one knows there is much love going around. They also all adore each other, and none are ever lonely. They have company 24/7.

Mary W wrote:

When I was a child - millennia ago - there was a tame crow in my town.  It talked.  It also flew to the grade school every afternoon and followed its "boy" home.

lysis10
Community Member

someone clear my security question I can't remember my address!

I AM NEW TO UPWORK

MemberSince: 2012

mtngigi
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

I AM NEW TO UPWORK

Yep ... that was my original intent of starting this thread, but furry friends took over (which is as it should be).

Jennifer M wrote:

I AM NEW TO UPWORK

"I just bought this upwork account from this guy and the idiot didn't give me the right password or tell me his mother's maiden name and I don't know which email they used but somebody please help me out here." would at least be honest.... 

Martina P wrote:

"I just bought this upwork account from this guy and the idiot didn't give me the right password or tell me his mother's maiden name and I don't know which email they used but somebody please help me out here." would at least be honest.... 

That's exactly what I think when I see this type of question. I wonder how the "team" deals with these memory losers once the conversation goes on behind the scenes.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths