🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » I hate fireworks!
Page options
petra_r
Community Member

I hate fireworks!

So it is 2018 (just.... by 5 minutes) and I am at home because I worried about the animals so declined to go out.

OK, so Murphy (the dog) could not care less (being a gundog breed that isn't surprising) but the kitties (my own and the ferals who are under the impression that they live here) are clearly unimpressed.

Millions of Dollars being blown up for what? Mess and frightened animals.

Wishing all my forum friends a very happy and successful 2018 anyway 🙂

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Along with other things such as murder, robbery, arson, human and drug trafficking, the sale and use of fireworks is technically banned in my country. However, the horrific fireworks displays around my house last night is proof that nobody in this country pays any attention to the law, not even the cops. When I called them about the fact that some kids were firing off rockets towards my house, they said they'll come around when they're done watching the fireworks. I am still waiting for them...

But then again, I should probably spend the time more productively by trying to calm my cats' shattered nerves.   

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
sivavranagaro
Community Member

Can't agree more.

Hear, hear!

I love it when it is an organized event with great pyrotechnics.

I hate it when done by random people in the middle of night - it keeps me awake.  I also believe they are literally burning money.

e_luneborg
Community Member

Happy new year!

I have a deadline, so I'm starting the new year by working. (Hoping that will get me some good karma with the working/self dicipline Gods for 2018.)

And I agree. Fireworks is just blowing up money. Thank God for noice cancelling headphones!

Along with other things such as murder, robbery, arson, human and drug trafficking, the sale and use of fireworks is technically banned in my country. However, the horrific fireworks displays around my house last night is proof that nobody in this country pays any attention to the law, not even the cops. When I called them about the fact that some kids were firing off rockets towards my house, they said they'll come around when they're done watching the fireworks. I am still waiting for them...

But then again, I should probably spend the time more productively by trying to calm my cats' shattered nerves.   

I was lucky, yesterday it was so windy here that fireworks must have been cancelled. I guess they'll will be ready for another day... hopefully not all at the same time.

etrusca
Community Member

Yes, bad habit. Last night my cats had disappeared, hidden somewhere, frightened by all that noise. This morning, however, they were all present for their breakfast. Happy New Year to all.

cupidmedia
Community Member

My previous dog, Phoebe, *hated* fireworks, storms, rain, etc etc. My two new ones are completely oblivious, thank goodness. My cats are indoor cats and are usually hiding anyway so I never really notice how they react.

My dog actually likes to watch the pretty fireworks but isn't too crazy about the loud crash bangers.  Fortunately, it was really cold and windy here so almost no fireworks.  I did hear a gentleman outside singing his lungs out in Spanish for about a half hour or so after midnight.

tlsanders
Community Member

Not so fun fact: in the U.S., more dogs run away over the 4th of July holiday than at any other time of the year.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths